canon PIXMA MG5220 ink? thank you for all that reply to my post. after reviewing many printers, and ultimately being hooked on this particular model, i am wondering if buying through amazon if it comes with ink out of the box, or nothing at all. I dont mind buying the ink, but am just curious. also does this have lan connectivity and how easy is the android to print function on this and is it effective and work well? thanks again.
asked by slayerized on May 15, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 11-17 of 17 answers
A
votes
d. neal if you have a wireless router you should be able to connect it to your computer if you don't there is no way to connect it wirelessly this printer is not an ad-hoc compatible printer which is the only kind that can be connected directly to your computer wirelessly without a router so you will need to buy a usb cable
M. Henry answered on May 30, 2011

A
votes
Do you have to use Canon ink in the MG5220 or can you use compatible ink? I read their was a chip in the ink cartridge so that you have to use Canon brand ink.
Treva Couturier answered on August 24, 2011

A
votes
Thanks so much for the tip; i checked them out online. You just helped me decide on which printer to get bc i was going back and forth btwn 2 due to ink costs!!!! THX again!!
Amazon Customer answered on September 7, 2011

A
votes
Don't get this printer it is a pig when it comes to ink. You can print little and it goes down when it decides to waste five minutes cleaning the heads before you print then it your ink will go low or run out before the document or picture even prints which is proof it wastes ink before it prints.
Hugo A. Ramirez Jr. answered on October 18, 2011

A
votes
Does it clean heads on its own without any user input? If so isn't there a way to disable it and set it to manual?
Mia B. answered on October 28, 2011

A
votes
Does anyone know what Error code 6C10 is?

Does anyone know what error code 6C10 mean?
M. Barnett answered on November 18, 2011

A
votes
Open lid and allow the ink carrier to center itself. Behind the ink carrier you will see a row of white rollers. At the right side end of the rollers you will see a small white unit with a little piece of plastic sticking up.

Now, take a piece of paper towel, or maybe a Q-tip, and clean all of the ink off this little piece of plastic. Recommend rubber gloves while doing this. Found ink all over the place in mine.

Immediately towards the front, maybe an inch, from of that piece of clear plastic there is a small square that is a foam, sponge like pad. Take some pieces of paper towels and press into this foam. Do this several times until the paper towel is no longer soaking up ink. Once that is completed, close the lid, turnoff the printer, restart the printer and print a test page.

This cleared the 6C10 error and I was able to print again with no problem. Might be a good idea to soak up the ink in the pad every time you change inks.
G. Perry answered on November 18, 2011
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›