How do you do custom routes on this? I'm interested in this model (as it's available at Costco, too). I read the manual online but it does not say anything about custom routing. Can anyone tell me how I can customize a specific route, which is not the "fastest" nor shortest according to map data but is indeed the fastest in reality because most of my custom route is on a toll road? Will I be able to save this route so I can recall it every time I go to that destination? Thanks in advance.
asked by Gadgester on May 6, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
votes
Sorry for the late reply, I just got my 1450. I use Garmin's Mapsource trip/route planning software. I've been using it for over 3 yrs to plan routes with various Garmin's and it works great! you can zoom way out or in very close, click on the road you want to be on, zoom out and click the next. You can insert waypoints etc. When we plan a trip I always plan it with Mapsource.
Chet answered on June 11, 2010

A
votes
Is the 1450 capable of tracking jeep trails and off road, campsites etc.?
ChrisinColorado answered on June 19, 2010

A
votes
Please note that on MapQuest you need to convert Via points to Route Stop (just right-click on them) before saving to Nuvi. Then on Nuvi you do "Import route"

Also you can customize route on Nuvi itslef by editing route ("Add or Remove points")
JohnDoe155 answered on September 4, 2010

A
votes
Does the 1450 have the option of setting up multiple routes at one time? Which other Garmin has this option

Thanks
Sruly Wolf answered on January 2, 2011

A
votes
I find the 1450 frustrating to set up routes the way I want them. They should at least include MapSource with it.

Hopefully I will find a solution...
Lambert Klein answered on June 24, 2011

A
votes
do a search on how to do your routes with google maps then import them to the device.
Grumbler answered on December 2, 2011
‹ Previous   1   Next ›