Color Name: Green
I purchased a pair of dB Logic EP-100 Earphones to replace my original iPod headphones. After 4 years, my white iPod phones were showing a bit of wear and tear around the edges. I first read about these earphones in an online article on headphones/earphones generally, ranging in price from real cheap (less than $10) to real expensive (several hundred dollars).

The dB Logic EP-100 Earphones are in-ear-canal headphones that fit inside your ear canals and come in several colors. They come with 3 sets of rubber eartips in various sizes that expand to fit any size ear canal. Canal earphones are designed to seal your ear canals closed, blocking external noise and focusing the sound directly into the part of your ear that you hear with.

I tested the dB Logic EP-100 Earphones on a recording I've listened to many times so I'd have a good reference point, and they sounded terrific! The drums were not boomy, but just right (I'm not a "bass boost" kind of listener, I like the music to sound like the artist intended). All the mid-range instruments and vocals were nicely balanced; highs were very crisp, but not overly emphasized. These are VERY nice quality earphones, giving a wonderful listening experience.

Another factor that led me to choose these earphones is the SPL2 technology that db Logic has developed. Listening to loud music can damage your hearing, as all iPods and headphones warn. The db Logic approach is to limit the sound pressure level to 85 db to protect your hearing. The seal the canal earphones gets makes sure you hear all the music that is there, but not at levels that can damage your hearing.

I have a tendency to turn up the volume on my favorite tracks, and it can be easy to exceed the volume level that ensures safe listening. However, with the dB Logic EP-100 Earphones, the music was loud enough, but safe since if you turn up the volume beyond a safe level, the EP-100 Earphones protect you & your hearing from accidental damage.

I got to see how loud I had the music turned up when I started to ease off the volume. The volume control went down quite a bit before I could hear the music getting any fainter. Because the seal the canal phones gave directed all the sound where it belonged and also did a GREAT job of cutting out any outside noise, my wife had to come tap me on the shoulder because I couldn't hear her talking to me.

I recommend these earphones to anyone who wants to hear music reproduced accurately. The price is very reasonable for such nice quality sound. The safety factor is an added bonus.
on June 23, 2011
Color Name: BlueVerified Purchase
5/4/2013 Update: I received a comment recently asking about the durability of the product due to other reviews mentioning they break easily. Unfortunately, I have to agree. When I bought these they were much more expensive, and we barely got any use out of any of them before they broke. The earphones set that actually covers your ears snapped where it goes across the top of your head. Both sets of earbuds just mysteriously stopped working for no reason. Perhaps my kids might have pulled on the wires of the one set, but the other set was mine and I know I didn't abuse them. I used them one evening, didn't even unplug them, then tried to use them the next day and they were dead. No obvious reason why they should have quit, but they never did work again. The company has very good customer service, but I would not purchase this model again.

I purchased two sets of the earphones from dbLogic after researching hearing-safe options for my disabled daughter, my other two children, and myself. My daughter with autism loves to listen to music and videos with headphones, but she has no understanding of safety and protecting her hearing, and would routinely crank up the volume as loud as it would go. If we weren't nearby, she could go several minutes with dangerously loud music playing. All of the other products I found were for young children, and even though she's disabled, they weren't age appropriate. They also didn't have all of the features I was looking for. During my research, I found this product and was excited to have the chance to use hearing-safe products.

These earphones have excellent sound quality. When I tried turning up the volume, I was surprised at the amount of volume I could get, I had no problems at all with being able to hear with these, even in loud situations. My kids love them, and even my disabled daughter has been happily using these with no problems for several months now. I only use the dbLogic earphones now and have gotten rid of all of our other products so no one accidentally thinks they can crank up their volume when they're not using safe headphones. These are also the only earphones my husband I use now too, and I'm going to order more. I have recommended these to all of my friends who have disabled kids who are unable to understand hearing safety, and also to all of my friends with young children. Even if your kids are typically developing, it's wonderful to have a product which won't let them hurt their hearing, no matter how hard they try.

I am impressed with the fullness and richness of the sound, and feel that these far surpass any of the other earphones were using. With the added bonus of hearing safety, I can't think of anything that could make these better. They are comfortable enough to wear for long sessions of gaming, movies, or music, have quality that the adults can appreciate, and safety for all of us.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 7, 2012
Color Name: Silver
I really wanted to love these. I've been looking for a good set of earphones for running and still no success. The pros: They are quite comfortable and lightweight. The Cons: The low volume really is a problem. Obviously I expected the sound control feature to have an effect on the volume, however, it was just too low to power me through a long run when i needed it most. Sadly, I am returning them.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 9, 2011
Color Name: BlueVerified Purchase
So, I bought these headphones because a friend of mine (who is really into sound and headphones and the like) found me a couple of options in my price range and I chose these (mainly for the colors, I'm a girl, what can I say). Anyway, it turned out to be the BEST headphone purchase I have ever made!

I'm a runner and also a frequent coffee shop worker and public transportation taker, I gave my friend these criteria and these headphones meet all of them:

-Good sound quality = QUADRUPLE check!! SO good
-Noise cancelling = the headphones literally block out everything, on the bus or in the coffee shop I am in my own little world, and it's so good you don't have to crank up the volume on your ipod to cancel out what the headphones can't
-cool= I mean, they are cool looking
-can sleep with them in - I have had THE hardest time finding headphones that are comfortable to sleep in for long flights and such, these lay flat in you ear so you can't even tell they are there!
-DONT FALL OUT WHEN I RUN = It seems like all ear buds are built to fall out when running. These stay in like a dream AND you dont get that weird feedback when the cords is jangling as you run.

THESE HEADPHONES ARE PERFECT :)
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 18, 2013
Color Name: SilverVerified Purchase
They truly met all my expectations . Great fit, wonderful sound !! Couldn't ask for anything more. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have !!
on January 25, 2013
Color Name: SilverVerified Purchase
I love the idea that these ear buds limit the decibels and protect your hearing. I purchased them for my children and for myself. They are great WHILE THEY LAST! Each of the five pairs we have owned lasted about 3 months of use. Then one ear bud would stop working, then the other. Every single pair we have owned has died in the same manner. This is too expensive of a product to keep replacing every few months! At first I thought it was my kids being kids and not taking care of their ear buds. Then mine broke. I am very careful with my ear buds and don't abuse them. I am moving on from this product and have ordered a different brand for my kids.
Color Name: BlueVerified Purchase
The sound quality was much better than the original IPhone/Ipod headphones. Also, the peace of mind of not blowing out my ears is a big plus. The one negative I have with the EP-100 is that the wires are extremely thin. I have seen fishing line thicker. Only time will tell how long they will last.
10/22/13. I have had these things for a couple of years now. Disregard the thin comment I made earlier. I have not had a problem yet. For being thin they are really rugged.
on January 17, 2015
Color Name: SilverVerified Purchase
Bought these head phones for work because we have to have osha approved sound limiting head phones fo listen to mp3 players while working. They work good when they work, but my problem with these is that any pair I've ever bought lasted a maximum of three months. First the left side goes out and eventually both sides. For the cost of this product compared to how long they last, my opinion is that they are a rip off and I'd search for a different product if your job requires movement other than sitting in a chair all day. Have no complaint with any seller of this item, only think the product itself is a poor design.
Color Name: SilverVerified Purchase
I purchased this product to replace my original iPod headphones. After 4 years, my white iPod phones were showing a bit of wear and tear around the edges. I first read about these earphones in an online article on headphones/earphones generally, ranging in price from real cheap (less than $10) to real expensive (several hundred dollars).

22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 6, 2014
Color Name: SilverVerified Purchase
I bought these to accompany an MP3 player I was giving my grandson. I don't think it's wise to harm your hearing by playing audio too loud. These headphones are designed to limit the volume within safe levels regardless of the volume setting on the player.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations