Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: dB Logic EP-100 Earbud Headphones (Blue)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 15, 2011
I purchased a pair of dB Logic EP-100 Earphones to replace my original iPod headphones. After 4 years, my white iPod phones were showing a bit of wear and tear around the edges. I first read about these earphones in an online article on headphones/earphones generally, ranging in price from real cheap (less than $10) to real expensive (several hundred dollars).

The dB Logic EP-100 Earphones are in-ear-canal headphones that fit inside your ear canals and come in several colors. They come with 3 sets of rubber eartips in various sizes that expand to fit any size ear canal. Canal earphones are designed to seal your ear canals closed, blocking external noise and focusing the sound directly into the part of your ear that you hear with.

I tested the dB Logic EP-100 Earphones on a recording I've listened to many times so I'd have a good reference point, and they sounded terrific! The drums were not boomy, but just right (I'm not a "bass boost" kind of listener, I like the music to sound like the artist intended). All the mid-range instruments and vocals were nicely balanced; highs were very crisp, but not overly emphasized. These are VERY nice quality earphones, giving a wonderful listening experience.

Another factor that led me to choose these earphones is the SPL2 technology that db Logic has developed. Listening to loud music can damage your hearing, as all iPods and headphones warn. The db Logic approach is to limit the sound pressure level to 85 db to protect your hearing. The seal the canal earphones gets makes sure you hear all the music that is there, but not at levels that can damage your hearing.

I have a tendency to turn up the volume on my favorite tracks, and it can be easy to exceed the volume level that ensures safe listening. However, with the dB Logic EP-100 Earphones, the music was loud enough, but safe since if you turn up the volume beyond a safe level, the EP-100 Earphones protect you & your hearing from accidental damage.

I got to see how loud I had the music turned up when I started to ease off the volume. The volume control went down quite a bit before I could hear the music getting any fainter. Because the seal the canal phones gave directed all the sound where it belonged and also did a GREAT job of cutting out any outside noise, my wife had to come tap me on the shoulder because I couldn't hear her talking to me.

I recommend these earphones to anyone who wants to hear music reproduced accurately. The price is very reasonable for such nice quality sound. The safety factor is an added bonus.
on June 23, 2011
5/4/2013 Update: I received a comment recently asking about the durability of the product due to other reviews mentioning they break easily. Unfortunately, I have to agree. When I bought these they were much more expensive, and we barely got any use out of any of them before they broke. The earphones set that actually covers your ears snapped where it goes across the top of your head. Both sets of earbuds just mysteriously stopped working for no reason. Perhaps my kids might have pulled on the wires of the one set, but the other set was mine and I know I didn't abuse them. I used them one evening, didn't even unplug them, then tried to use them the next day and they were dead. No obvious reason why they should have quit, but they never did work again. The company has very good customer service, but I would not purchase this model again.

I purchased two sets of the earphones from dbLogic after researching hearing-safe options for my disabled daughter, my other two children, and myself. My daughter with autism loves to listen to music and videos with headphones, but she has no understanding of safety and protecting her hearing, and would routinely crank up the volume as loud as it would go. If we weren't nearby, she could go several minutes with dangerously loud music playing. All of the other products I found were for young children, and even though she's disabled, they weren't age appropriate. They also didn't have all of the features I was looking for. During my research, I found this product and was excited to have the chance to use hearing-safe products.

These earphones have excellent sound quality. When I tried turning up the volume, I was surprised at the amount of volume I could get, I had no problems at all with being able to hear with these, even in loud situations. My kids love them, and even my disabled daughter has been happily using these with no problems for several months now. I only use the dbLogic earphones now and have gotten rid of all of our other products so no one accidentally thinks they can crank up their volume when they're not using safe headphones. These are also the only earphones my husband I use now too, and I'm going to order more. I have recommended these to all of my friends who have disabled kids who are unable to understand hearing safety, and also to all of my friends with young children. Even if your kids are typically developing, it's wonderful to have a product which won't let them hurt their hearing, no matter how hard they try.

I am impressed with the fullness and richness of the sound, and feel that these far surpass any of the other earphones were using. With the added bonus of hearing safety, I can't think of anything that could make these better. They are comfortable enough to wear for long sessions of gaming, movies, or music, have quality that the adults can appreciate, and safety for all of us.
on February 7, 2012
I really wanted to love these. I've been looking for a good set of earphones for running and still no success. The pros: They are quite comfortable and lightweight. The Cons: The low volume really is a problem. Obviously I expected the sound control feature to have an effect on the volume, however, it was just too low to power me through a long run when i needed it most. Sadly, I am returning them.
on March 17, 2014
Look, I have never been a fan of earbuds. I like hearing things in the real world, without little things buried in my ear canal. But recently I got a gym membership and started using the treadmill. Let me tell you, staring at that little screen telling you how far you haven't gone gets demotivating FAST. So i bought these earbuds. OMG these are awesome!!! They come with a few different attachment so if they get all ear-waxy you can replace them. These are like, way comfortable and block out alot of sound so I don't have to crank up Thom Yorke so loud he will damage my hearing. I wouldn't say they are totally noise canceling but they are still pretty good. Better than those fruit branded earbuds, for reals.

Bonus points for me being able to get pink ones. I can tell the gym attendants are totes jealous when I come in the door, but that's OK- I can't hear their angry jabs because I am rocking these dB Logic EP-100 earbuds.
on January 17, 2015
Bought these head phones for work because we have to have osha approved sound limiting head phones fo listen to mp3 players while working. They work good when they work, but my problem with these is that any pair I've ever bought lasted a maximum of three months. First the left side goes out and eventually both sides. For the cost of this product compared to how long they last, my opinion is that they are a rip off and I'd search for a different product if your job requires movement other than sitting in a chair all day. Have no complaint with any seller of this item, only think the product itself is a poor design.
on April 6, 2014
I bought these to accompany an MP3 player I was giving my grandson. I don't think it's wise to harm your hearing by playing audio too loud. These headphones are designed to limit the volume within safe levels regardless of the volume setting on the player.
on March 12, 2013
The sound is pretty good for the price point. The style is pretty plain, but I am soo glad they have them in green. My favorite color is usually the one that no one has, or it's just too much more to be worth getting the color I want. The multiple sizes of earbuds is nice to have, but overall I've found that none of the sizes or shapes have a particularly great seal in either ear. Have definitely had better earbuds in style, quality, and sound, but for the price I got them, (9-12 I think?) they are a good value.
on January 25, 2013
I love the idea that these ear buds limit the decibels and protect your hearing. I purchased them for my children and for myself. They are great WHILE THEY LAST! Each of the five pairs we have owned lasted about 3 months of use. Then one ear bud would stop working, then the other. Every single pair we have owned has died in the same manner. This is too expensive of a product to keep replacing every few months! At first I thought it was my kids being kids and not taking care of their ear buds. Then mine broke. I am very careful with my ear buds and don't abuse them. I am moving on from this product and have ordered a different brand for my kids.
on April 18, 2013
May be I don't know any better, but this thing gives me amazing sound from my laptop. It's a great investment from my part. Convenient carrying case. The ear pieces fit very tightly in your ear canals, so don't expect to hear anything else.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2012
I bought this as a gift for someone who wanted ear buds, but hated the wrap-around-the-ear kind and wasn't a fan of his iPod ear buds. He said these are much more comfortable and easy to wear than everything he's tried so far.