I can't get my daughter's LeapPad2 to connect to my computer. Working on it for5 hrs now & 3 calls to Customer Service. Anyone experience this?
asked by Michele Bednarsh on December 28, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
Ensure you're using the CD, have you connected the USB cable from the LeapPad2 to the Laptop?

Also,

Its a Mini-USB cable, try plugging it in another port...The CD needs to be ran then it will say attach device (sometimes you have to plug and un-plug here)

Here is a good link:
http://www.leapfrog.com/en/get_connected/connect-your-toy.html
DNAngel answered on December 28, 2012
Comments (2) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
That's strange, maybe it is not compatible with your operating system. You can try going to the bottom left hand of your computer and clicking on the windows icon and then choose "computer" on your list of options to see if your computer is reading the device. Maybe you need a new usb leap pad connector cord.
Elizabeth Long answered on December 28, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I had to do an update before I could connect. Took me 2 attempts but I got it done. Maybe uninstalling then reinstalling the software might work. Good luck.
briggz answered on December 28, 2012

A
Did you give the leappad a profile name it will not connect otherwise if you did maybe you need to dowload leapfrog connect from the website. I had issues with another toy and emailed customer service and got an answer,over the phone was difficult to undertstand and I was given the wrong information
shopaholicme answered on December 28, 2012

A
i did not have any problems connecting. all i did was follow the step by step instructions. your leappad would show that it is connecting, you should also see stars running on your leappad, while that is happening it means that they are trying to find u and it also took a little while for them to fine me . ( please make sure and sign in on your leappad your kid name, before u try to connect)
joycie nirgoon answered on December 28, 2012

A
Have you downloaded leapfrog connect first? And after downloading, and signing up make sure keep it on when plugging in the leappad. Also your leappad needs to be charged. If it still doesn't work, make sure the usb cord is plugged in all the way. Try to change port, if all failed, contact leapfrog customer service . Good Luck
Suzyq answered on December 29, 2012

A
http://www.leapfrog.com/en/get_connected/connect-your-toy.html this is what needs to be downloaded
Suzyq answered on December 29, 2012

A
my daughter has not tried doing it with my grandson but I will bring to her attention an see if ours works.
Sheri Walkling answered on December 29, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product