deceptive book postings on Amazon?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 18, 2008 10:20:48 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 18, 2008 10:36:59 AM PDT
I notice from reading the inside cover that the edition of Pressley's Elementary Differential Geometry being sold is apparently the first edition. Only on reading the last paragraph of the product description do we discover that a 2nd edition is available, but apparently not offered for sale on Amazon. Having mistakenly purchased earlier editions of books on Amazon at least twice in the past, I would like to see this information given more prominence.

I checked on the Springer web site and found essentially the same information. Apparently a second edition is in the works, but not yet being sold, or perhaps the paperback is what is regarded as the second edition. But I think my point remains valid. Venders should be clear about the most recent editions.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2010 7:47:51 AM PDT
gengogakusha says:
This post is now irrelevant as 2nd edition is being sold ....

Posted on Oct 24, 2010 3:00:27 PM PDT
Parby Grylam says:
The point was that edition numbers should be displayed prominently so that customers do not mistakenly purchase an obsolete edition, so that point seems to be still relevant. But I think Amazon has improved in this respect, so I no longer find it a problem.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Apr 18, 2008
Latest post:  Oct 24, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Elementary Differential Geometry (Springer Undergraduate Mathematics Series)
Elementary Differential Geometry (Springer Undergraduate Mathematics Series) by Andrew Pressley (Paperback - March 18, 2010)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (17)