Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

How do you define your Business Key Performance Indicators?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 10, 2008 1:15:53 PM PDT
Over the years I experienced various ways for define, or select, business Key Performance Indicators (KPI). The main conclusions I'd reached are: 1. it's impossible to just pick them from a list, is compulsory to go through a (painful) communication and refining process, eventually with external facilitation to get the "right" KPIs. 2. they are never set in stone, periodically we have to review them and make required adjustments with new business realities. I constantly meet people asking: "what would be the right KPI for this project?". When I ask details about expected result/outcome or similar information pretty often the person is clueless, but expects me to give smart ideas about KPIs to set when they have no idea what they want to reach. There are on the market several software products or processes proudly claiming the clients is free to select the necessary KPIs from a database containing few hundreds of KPIs coming from various industries. This KPI selection process looks to me like picking the right mate, or even the wife or husband from a database arranged on various criteria: age, height, weight, hair color, etc. Would you be confined selecting wife of husband based on such criteria? What if I would add more criteria: food preferences, music enjoyed, vacation places preferences. If someone would be confident choosing the right partner only with this type of database probably will like to just pick KPIs from a pre-canned database. If not probably is required to follow the team work and intense communication method to hopefully reach the expected result. I'll like see answers to questions like: What types of experiences did you have in selecting business KPIs? Did it worked out? How long did you stayed with the selected KPIs? Do they offer to the expected information to help you stay proactive? Do you see any benefits in using KPIs? How do you see KPIs: rather as an academic exercise or a strong management tool rooted into reality?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2008 7:46:41 PM PDT
I don't see how this relates to the book Good to Great? Why is this question in the book forum?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Aug 10, 2008
Latest post:  Aug 14, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about