Can any one give me a definitive answer about whether the "Soap Opera Effect" can be turned off with this tv? Does Sony call it Motionflow? Thx
asked by Jobiwan on November 19, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
All Bravia TVs with motionflow can be turned off. I hate it as well, messes with my eyes.
dezymond answered on November 19, 2012
Comments (2) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes it's called Motionflow and you can turn it off. I leave mine off all the time because...well...it sucks.
David answered on November 19, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, motion flow can be turned off, but I don't do that because the soap opera effect is not that bad on this t.v. It seems that only on certain shows or channels or commercials does that effect seem to be present. I just leave the t.v. settings on auto and it has been fine. I will say this. After having this t.v. for a couple of months, I can honestly say, that I WOULD buy this t.v. again. We really love it. The only drawback is that the viewing angle is a little limited but we don't have any seating way off to the sides so this is not a problem for us. Also, as with most of these flat screens, you may want to add a sound system of some kind, but the speakers are fine until we add one. We have not done that yet. We love to stream Netflix right to the t.v. now and watch youtube videos too. I recently compared this t.v. again with a Samsung and I am still happy with the Sony because I still notice that the Samsung use of LED backlighting causes far too much of a Milky or pasty look to skin tones and general light. Hope this helps. Maybe go to an electronics store if you can and see if you agree. I do prefer Sony's color as I previously stated too.
Chauncey answered on November 22, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product