Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 4, 2010 5:09:05 PM PDT
I saw this movie in Indianapolis in 1975 brfore it came to the east coast, andI remember a scene that I have never seen again. Whe Richard Dreyfuss arrives, he and Roy scheider DO go to lunch and disparaging remarks are made about the restaurant's scallops.I wonder if anyone else has seen this scene, since I haven't seen it on any video, and could it have been deleted because resterateurs complained?

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 6:23:23 PM PST
Karen F says:
I am looking for the movie version that shows Quint purchasing piano wire at the music store. This scene comes before the scene at the town meeting to hunt the shark. There is a boy playing the clarinet and Quint starts imitating him and then the boy starts getting annyoyed. The DVD version of Jaws refers to this as a deleted scene, but obviously I saw this scene in the movie or I would not have remembered it. Can anyone help me track down this version of Jaws whether VHS or DVD?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2014 6:02:15 AM PST
I'me not sure karen. I'me pretty sure the desired version of Jaws you'd like has never been distributed on VHS or DVD. The scenes which the DVD refers to as deleted are now just archive material, but you are correct when you say that you once recall seeing the Quint in store scene being in the movie. In the very early 1980 screenings of the movie on TV, that scene was included, and it was usually ITV Granada. It seems that nowadays it is no longer a part of the movie that most of us know now, as with the other now deleted scenes to which the DVD refers.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Oct 4, 2010
Latest post:  Feb 20, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Jaws [VHS]
Jaws [VHS] by Roy Scheider (VHS Tape - 1995)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (1,278)