Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 21, 2011 12:56:16 AM PDT
turkish says:
I played the demo, and I'm underwhelmed. I think it's a step down from last years Hot pursuit. and not really impressed with Frostbite 2 graphics either. theres unacceptable amount of screen tear, and it seems like running on a low framerate. I dont know. don't mind hearing what others think who played the demo

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2011 9:48:41 AM PDT
NC says:
I downloaded the demo like 2 days ago, it's a interesting game. But I don't think that it's worth $60, I can't say that it's better than hot pursuit because I haven't played it yet. This game reminds me of cruisin' usa as its too arcade than realistic. There were alot of glitches in this demo like every other 10 seconds, and as for the handle of the cars I really can't explain it's like a game that I played before(test drive unlimited 2). But in all just based off the demo I would rate this game 7.5/10

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 2:58:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 21, 2011 3:01:14 PM PDT
Owl says:
It looks like an unfinished product, they will probably add patches, is a demo, not a beta...I was going to preorder this game, but now I am not sure. Graphics look just o.k. I like Hot Pursuit graphics better.
There has been a lot of hype about Frostbite 2, I hope when we get the first full game with it, it wont disappoint.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2011 6:24:36 PM PDT
turkish says:
I think frostbite 2 is nothing more than a big fat hype. It might be well programmed for high end PC's, but disappoints on consoles. it's trying to achieve way too much with not enough horsepower, and it fails miserably. game looks beautiful if you are looking at a static screen, but once you start moving, it all falls apart. i highly believe the same will happen with Battlefield 3. I'm not buying either game before seeing some reviews, or confirming the issues have been fixed

Posted on Oct 22, 2011 11:31:27 PM PDT
This game was not on my radar. I did play the demo and did like it. However as I said it was not on my radar, so I may grab this when it drops between $29.99-$39.99.

Posted on Oct 24, 2011 11:16:42 AM PDT
J. Cummings says:
I had Hot Pursuit as well and I've owned pretty much every high end racer on the PS3. I played the demo and I loved it. Comparing this to Hot Pursuit is apples/oranges, not trying to be the same game. Whether that turns out to be good or bad is another story all together. But I liked the demo and I have it preordered/paid off, so I'll take a couple days mid-Nov to play and give my review.

Posted on Oct 24, 2011 1:45:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 25, 2011 9:20:14 PM PDT
StreetSavage says:
I keep playing the demo and love it, this game is definitely a different game than Hot Pursuit. I had Test Drive Unlimited 2 and the cars in that game handled nothing like that in this demo. The car handling in TDU2 was barely there or non-existent, barely tap the brakes and I would spin out. I feel like The Run will be a solid game and worth playing after beating it the first time around.

Posted on Oct 25, 2011 8:26:10 PM PDT
Zack says:
Downloaded the demo last night and had a lot of fun playing it. It is definitely better than the NFS Hot Pursuit demo I downloaded some time back. I am about to finish Dirt 3 and will buy this game when it is released for PS3.

Posted on Oct 26, 2011 8:39:05 AM PDT
Vyprstryke says:
I played the demo last night and I don't think the cars handle quite as well as they did in HP, but I still enjoyed the bit I played. The rewind feature seems pointless though. Idk. But it reminded me of Motorstorm: Apocalypse a little bit with the mountain track. I re-pre-ordered and applied my BF3 bonus credit to it because I agree, it doesn't feel like something worth 60 bucks.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2011 7:28:31 PM PDT
lynchmob says:
just played the demo loved it id rather play the run demo than that lame hot pursuit game where your
wheels never leave the ground and a ton of other issues
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Oct 21, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 27, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Need for Speed: The Run - Playstation 3
Need for Speed: The Run - Playstation 3 by Electronic Arts (PlayStation 3)
3.8 out of 5 stars (326)