Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on March 24, 2014
On the strength of YouTube's "Techmoan" review,("The Best Action Camera under $100 - SJ1000...") I purchased this item through Amazon, and after receiving it, immediately tried it out using a couple of its accessories (the waterproof shell with the bicycle handlebar attachment, and the "multi-functional" attachment with the car windshield adapter, also using a camera extender rod "X-shot"-separate product, will review in future)...

I've put it to use on a 300 plus mile car trip, on one bicycle ride, and on daily walks, so after almost a month of daily use, here's my take:

PROS:
As other reviewers state, the video and audio quality are EXCELLENT for a camera of this size and cost.

The CAVEATS- (based on my use and experience of the attachments/accessories)

1) Using the multi-functional attachment (the user manual refers to it as "multificational" - bad translation there), it's already been dropped TWICE (once indoors on the floor, and once outdoors on cement), and on the first drop (indoors) it separated into 2 pieces! I held my breath, put it back together, turned it on again, and voila! It operated normally (whew)...
The 2nd drop was on cement, and did NOT fall apart...it just continued to record!

I believe the drops happened due to (my) OPERATOR error - not having the camera firmly placed in its holder...more time and experience will tell...

2) Using the waterproof shell with the bicycle handlebar attachment, I found the video to be pretty shaky (again, need to see if adjustments can be made to minimize vibration).

3) Using the multi-functional attachment with the car windshield adapter ("car holder" according to the user manual), vibration was minimal, so video playback was MUCH better.

Bottom line: I'm really liking it, and if I get decent footage, will add a video example.

In the meantime, I suggest checking YouTube's Techmoan review - [...] - it's the best I've seen on this product.
on November 9, 2013
After an extensive research, I decided to go with this action camcorder which apparently gave the best value for the price. I have not been disappointed; the quality of the video is very good (almost as good as that of the GoPro), the functions offered such as motion detection, G-force sensor, interval recording, etc., are plentiful, and to top it off, it comes with a wide assortment of adapters for your bike, helmet, dashboard, underwater sports, etc. I play racquetball (see clip at [...] and with its 140 degree wide angle, I've been able to record the entire court, and more importantly, the ball CAN be seen at 1080p.

Totally recommended !!
on January 14, 2014
Great little camera, took it scuba diving and it worked like a charm. Very happy with it. The seller says to note which color you want but there's no place for that info.. I wrote in the gift section that I wanted black but I got white so that obvious doesn't help. Oh well
on September 22, 2014
This is an amazing device for the price. I bought and use it for a bike helmet mount to shoot the scenery on my various journeys. It performs beyond all expectation. Its very easy to use. With the visual instruction card, locate the pieces and perform the mount, all of 5 minutes. The helmet mount required two pieces - the camera holder and a strap to tie that to the helmet. Hit the on button and you're live. Hit the OK button and toggle between record and pause. Get home and plug into laptop, choose "mass storage" for the mode of connection, and the camera acts like an external hard drive, with all the content. There are other ways to attach the camera to things. There are other modes of operation. It was initially a bit disorienting to see the maze of attachment parts, but once you look at the visual clue card, it all becomes reasonable. The most confusing thing I found was the lack of any instruction manual, printed or online (I looked). The reason is the designers aimed for a device so intuitive, no manual was necessary. They surpassed that goal. I rarely give a 5-star to anything, but this camera gets it, and deserves it.
on October 27, 2013
About the seller:
1. They lied.. you can't write any note to the seller to choose color.. they have disable the notes.
2. The lens has 2 little scratches.
3. Delivered on time.

About the camera:
1. You need to learn how to deal with it before you try to record important actions or events.
2. Pictures are accepted but not as good as the video.
3. No enough instructions. ( you have to flip the battery when you get it out of the box)
4. Made of cheap plastic.
5. The waterproof case is excellent.
on February 18, 2014
For under $100.00 this little thing has amazing 1080p recording and the low light is great and it comes with so many different attachments that I'm still figuring out all the things it can do.

This thing is small and comes with a belt clip which my X is crazy and I have to document everything and even the battery that comes with it you get a long recording time plus underwater feature.

Get you one and have some fun.
on October 11, 2014
I purchased 3 of these puppies and this is my experience with the units so far. The first I bought for my son to use & it worked great until the car charger fried and now the camera always shows the charging icon. I reinstalled the latest firmware but it didn't fix the problem. It's a hassle if you don't know how much charge you have left. The second unit, I bought for my wife to use & the car charger stop working because of a broken internal wire. It seems the car chargers are of poor construction. The third unit is still working fine so far. So out of the 3 cameras I purchased 2 had problems. I contacted the seller and I would have to send the unit to China for repair. The cost of shipping is expensive that it's not worth it.
on June 7, 2014
I didn't have big expectations but this little camera rivals the other name brand camera that costs 3 times as much. The plastic battery door is fragile, and seems like it won't last long, otherwise I would have given 5 stars. I hope they come out with a newer version, as these seem to be selling out, and color choice is limited at this point.
on September 23, 2015
The product did not work as advertised. Contacted the manufacturer via email for updated firmware or other resolution to the issue. The manufacturer never responded. DO NOT BUY THIS!!! IT IS A RIP OFF!!! It is an adequate, yet quite expensive paper weight.
on September 9, 2014
The first camera was defective and receiving the refund was complicated and required involvement by Amex, my payment method. Once resolved, the 2nd camera has proved to be everything it purports to be. The true test will be in November when my granddaughter brings it to Cancun and uses it for surfing videos. I purchased it for her after reading a favorable review in the Minneapolis Tribune.