Customer Discussions > Tomb Raider Trilogy forum

Why didn't they fix the known game-breaking glitches before re-release?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 2, 2011 2:00:44 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 2, 2011 4:00:33 AM PDT
J. Cadieux says:
In both Legend and Underworld, I encountered game-ending glitches.

The Legend glitch was an elevator that was supposed to be there but just wasn't. If you're like me, you might run around for an hour trying to figure out what to do next before you check the internet and discover that it's the game's problem and not yours. I fixed it with a re-load, so that wasn't a big deal.

The Underworld glitch was more serious. A ramp in the Mexico level that was supposed to be raised in the up position for me to jump over was stuck in the down position. After once again trying for nearly an hour to figure out how to progress, I checked around forums and found it's another glitch. This one could not be fixed with a reload, and Eidos recommends that you re-start from an earlier save. If you don't have an earlier save, like me, you're screwed and have to start over.

Both of the discussions I found online for these glitches referred to the ORIGINAL versions of the games, the ones released years ago. The company is aware of both of them and has been since just after their original releases. Why were they not fixed? Why has a patch still not been issued? Does anybody else find this unacceptable?

I understand that glitches are part of video games. Even a masterpiece like Uncharted 2 had me running around for 40 minutes trying to figure out what to do next. Only later did I figure out that a door that was supposed to be open was locked shut (after the shootout in the village in Nepal, the door didn't open). But I would expect that all known glitches like this would be fixed before the re-release of a game. How hard would it be to insert a fricking check into the Underworld game to make sure the ramp is up when the level begins?

Posted on Feb 13, 2012 11:46:13 PM PST
mjc0961 says:
Don't feel bad: They never fixed all the problems Underworld had on 360 either.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Tomb Raider Trilogy forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Oct 2, 2011
Latest post:  Feb 13, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Tomb Raider Trilogy
Tomb Raider Trilogy by Square Enix (PlayStation 3)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (212)