Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro
asked by kzolady on February 2, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
See my Customer Image for this product page. The Duracell Pre-Charged cell with 'white top' is equivalent to Sanyo eneloop (made in Japan). The one with 'black top' is equivalent to Rayoyac Hybrid (made in China). Most people seem to prefer the 'white top'. But both versions are good in my opinion.

Be careful that Duracell also sells ordinary NiMH cells with very similar 'Copper Top' color scheme. Make sure that your cells actually have 'Pre Charged' printed on them. The ordinary NiMH cells are not worth getting, since they all suffer from rapid self-discharge problem.
NLee the Engineer answered on February 10, 2010
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Alright, now I finally understood what you're asking. To answer your question: I don't think the so-called 'yellow band' between the top copper top and the bottom lable means anything. If you look at the Amazon image for this product, the 'band' looks more like a printing made on the the plastic case. and not on the cells themself. I also went to a local W*mart and looked at both white-top and black-top Duracell Pre Charged cells. None has the yellow band as you described.
NLee the Engineer answered on February 11, 2010
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Do not get any Duracell NiMH cells without the 'Copper-top' band. Those are the older versions of ordinary NiMH cells. They are often priced higher because they have higher capacity (such as '2650mAh') specified. So most people who don't know about rapid self-deischarge problem will just reach for those junk.
NLee the Engineer answered on February 10, 2010
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
*** Avoid the black tops ***

I had twelve AA's (eight white tops and four black tops) on an Ansmann energy16 charger. When I checked on them all of them were green (charged) except for three. Those three were hot to the touch along with the fourth black top that did show green (charged). In comparison, all the white tops were cool to the touch. Good thing I caught it when I did otherwise I don't know what hazard could transpire.
GoTheDistance answered on June 5, 2011
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
kzolady answered on February 10, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Did you look at the batteries I mentioned? Both are pre-charged rechargables. Both have the copertop band. One has a yellow band between the top copper top and the bottom label. One doesn't.
kzolady answered on February 10, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product