Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
whats the difference between norton av, norton 360, and norton internet security? Do you need all three?
asked by Amazon Customer on February 27, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 answers
A
No, you don't need all three. You get more protection as you go from AV to Internet Security and then 360. The only thing that 360 does in additon to IS is to tune up your PC and backup your files automatically.
S. Kanaga answered on February 28, 2013
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
1.Norton AV is purely an Anti-virus software-will scan your main computer files and monitor new installed programs for viruses, monitors some internet files but limited.
2.Norton Internet Security- mainly for blocking internet viruses and spyware, great for folks online all the time.
3.Norton 360: has Norton AV, Norton Internet Security and other features, the whole enchilada.

You do not need all 3, you can choose any of the 3 above.
BEEONEST answered on February 27, 2013
Comment | 5 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The products vary with what is covered in the protection, and no, you do NOT need all three.
The antivirus is just that. Internet security includes the AV, and adds defenses against web based attacks. If you surf a lot, this is not a bad way to go. 360 is the deluxe product, and includes lots of things I felt were not necessary. This is the basic nuts and bolts, although PC Mag and cnet have good reviews that go into more detail.
benark answered on February 28, 2013
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The products are pretty straightforward. Norton Antivirus protects you from downloading viruses. Norton 360 provides "full-circle" protection from malicious software, viruses, spy programs, tracking programs, etc. Norton Internet Security protects you while you're online, alerting you to potentially dangerous sites. You should choose whichever package provides the protection you need. I went to Symantec.com for more information, then chose the package that best fit my needs.
Auntie Em answered on February 28, 2013
Comments (2) | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I do not need anything more than norton internet security on my home computer. I guess it depends of what you do with your computer. I only read email, search for various topics and play games, so apparently the internet security is all I need. I have used Norton products now for over ten years and never had a problem.
viva a. atkins answered on February 28, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I just use the Norton Internet Security because most people I talk to say that is all I need . Have never had a virus in 10 years using it. It is user friendly and I have it on 3 computers of different makes with no problems. It's also cheaper, and probably runs a little faster doing it's thing, than Norton 360. Let's keep life simple! If it isn't broke, don't fix it!
Boone answered on February 28, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The previous reviews say it all. Norton's website gives a chart showing the three types, what each covers and no...you don't need all three.
Gina answered on February 28, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
internet security
about the diferent answered on March 7, 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
internet security
about the diferent answered on March 7, 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The products vary with what is covered in the protection, and no, you do NOT need all three.
The antivirus is just that. Internet security includes the AV, and adds defenses against web based attacks. If you surf a lot, this is not a bad way to go. 360 is the deluxe product, and includes lots of things I felt were not necessary. This is the basic nuts and bolts, although PC Mag and cnet have good reviews that go into more detail.
benark answered on February 28, 2013
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product