Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 16, 2011 11:47:14 AM PDT
Joe says:
I used to read Wolverine comics as a kid, but never got into his origin too much before I outgrew them. I just saw this movie with my own kid, liked it, but I;m curious. How faithful is this to the origin as told in the comics? What are the major differences?

I never knew Wolverine and Sabertooth were brothers, is that made up for the film? Also, was there a "Weapon XI" in the comics? Any other major discrepancies?

Thanks for helping to satisfy my curiosity!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2011 5:04:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 6, 2011 5:09:25 PM PST
Too Right says:
The bone claws were revealed in Wolverine #75 (1993). Wolverine and Sabretooth as brothers was not established in the comics. However, an interviewer asked Paul Jenkins if Dog Logan, a character from Wolverine's early life from the limited series Origin, was Sabretooth. Paul Jenkins said he had not intended it to be him, but said he would not have a problem with another writer doing it later. This may be the source of the idea. As far as I know there was no Weapon XI in the comics, but the Weapon series went to higher numbers. The character intended to be Emma Frost probably counts as a discrepancy due to her apparent lack of telepathic abilities.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Sep 16, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 6, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about