Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Classics and Essentials in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now HTL
asked by Qingling Ni on March 8, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
It's the same radio, just as you thought. Besides the logo--and I imagine this is the reason for the difference in popularity--is that the manufacturer donates a portion of the price of the Red Cross model to the Red Cross emergency relief fund.
Michael Griffin answered on March 13, 2010
Comment (1) | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

Estrella, I expect the use of "Outdoor" in the name is intended to mean "reasonably rugged and moisture resistant" not "will -only- work outside."
A. Blue answered on January 31, 2011
Comment | 4 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A. Blue: Many thanks for your input. Makes sense. The recipient tested it on Sunday, Jan. 30 and it worked indoors. It also came with the instruction sheet. She has not tested other features yet but I assume it will be fine. For other posters -- thanks also for your feedback. E. Bryant
E. Bryant answered on February 1, 2011
Comment | 0 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

I ordered this as a gift and have not opened it. The box says "Multi-Purpose Outdoor Radio". No such mention in product description that this is only for outdoor use. Reviews of this product didn't mention it is good only for ourdoor use. Is there a manual that comes with it? I do not want to open it to check because as I stated it is intended as a gift. Amazon did not send a packing slip with it which makes me suspicious if I received the right one: MircrolinkFR160. Eton.
E. Bryant answered on January 25, 2011
Comment | 0 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product