Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amazon Gift Card Offer gdwf gdwf gdwf  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Now Halloween

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 16, 2009 9:04:17 PM PDT
bookworm says:
I purchased a Channel Master 7000 digital to analog converter box for my old Sony Trinitron. Picture is fine, but the audio is awful. I have to turn up both the converter box and tv substantially to hear audio, and this causes feedback. I have tried switching cables, using RCA cable, disconnecting VCR, etc. No help.

Any solutions.

Posted on Mar 17, 2009 8:31:52 AM PDT
John D. says:
make sure you have proper line/input selected and/or the right channel (3/4) chosen as well. My box has an analog pass through and i use a second imput as well as the cable -the red, white and yellow for the stereo wireless headphones and i use a line for it so the sound is proper and have no problems. Most broadcast in dolby stereo and better 5.1 so the box (I also use the dvd/vcr combo for stereo) has allowed me to get the stereo via the wireless headphones since the tv is not capable.
Bad grounds can cause some rf noise too and being too close to the speakers if they are not shielded will yield bad feedback

Posted on Mar 28, 2009 7:42:09 PM PDT
Turns out it was a faulty unit. Returned and replaced unit, and now no problems.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Mar 16, 2009
Latest post:  Mar 28, 2009

Search Customer Discussions