The new 2 disc dvd of An American Werewolf In London is edited.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 20, 2009 11:05:46 AM PDT
I recently purchased the new 2 disc dvd of An American Werewolf in London, mainly for the Beware The Moon doc as I already own the 21st anniversary edition of the movie. When I watched the new version of the film I was shocked to discover that the scene where David phones home to speak to his sister Rachel was completely cut out of the film. All you see is David trying to cut his wrists. Why would this scene be cut? It's not a gory scene. I hate it when they do this to films.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2009 12:04:18 PM PDT
My blu-ray of American Werewolf has the scene you are referring to. Are you sure you didn't just miss it?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 20, 2009 11:44:24 PM PDT
The scene was definitely missing. I checked and double checked and have also had people on other forums saying the same thing. It only seems to be on the region 2 dvd. This is strange.

Posted on Sep 30, 2010 1:37:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 30, 2010 1:43:55 PM PDT
romanticynic says:
Yes, RB, that is strange. Especially since the 2009 dvd (not blu-ray) that I rented from Netflix has that scene at 1:19:06. I just watched it less than minute ago. Very strange. Well, back to the movie.

Posted on Nov 13, 2011 12:02:12 PM PST
S. R. says:
I have the blu-ray and the 2-DVD set, which I just checked, and that scene is indeed present at the 1:19 mark for both the blu-ray and DVD. Perhaps some people received a mistakenly edited copy?

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 8:36:17 PM PST
M. Mont says:
It was only edited out of the UK and German releases, north American release should be uncut
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Oct 20, 2009
Latest post:  Jan 28, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions