Sony BDP-S185 Blu-Ray Disc Player (2012 Model)
Used & New from: $30.00
Why do my Blu ray discs' sound is off by a few seconds when I watch movies on this player?
asked by tbone74 on December 19, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
votes
I never experienced such a problem honestly although i can see another post also mentions this. Could that be the HDMI wire you are using? I bought mine from radioshack 3 years ago and still is perfect for everything (sound is crystal clear too).
TheDude answered on December 19, 2012

A
votes
Mine doesn't, perhaps yours is hooked up incorrectly or not working right. We have 2 both from Amazon for the price, I recommend purchasing another. We have Sony's and are VERY happy with them. Good luck....
Robin answered on December 19, 2012

A
votes
I've had no problems with audio or video either using blu-rays dvds or watching netflix. Are you using an HDMI cable or the red/white/yellow wires? Also are you running it straight into your tv or is it first going to a cable/satellite box? I recommend using an HDMI cable and hooking it straight into your tv to see if this fixes the problem. If it's only an issue with some discs and not others maybe reset the settings to factory default will help.
Jamie Mathis answered on December 19, 2012

A
votes
The HDMI cable does not support audio so its not a problem with the HDMI cable. The red,white, and yellow cable are for audio and video. If the red, white, and yellow cable is plugged in to an amplifier you can try plugging the cable directly in to the tv and see if that solves the problem.
2012apocalypse answered on December 19, 2012

A
votes
You can try checking the tv settings to see if it has a lip sync option, if all else fails try updating. As a last resort try resetting the player.
william answered on December 20, 2012

A
votes
Haven't had this problem myself. Be sure to connect it to the internet and apply the updates. This player is a bit 'buggy." I haven't had any issues after getting the updates though. I have used the HDMI and RCA Audio output simultaneously without experiencing any sync issues. HDMI DOES support audio! I use my HDMI only and it does carry both audio and video--that is one of the main reasons for HDMI. Newer PC graphics cards usually support HDMI with audio as well--for instance.
Data Virtue answered on December 20, 2012

A
votes
It's very unlikely that the player is the problem. What does the TV manufacturer say? Try hooking the player up to another TV using your cables and see if the problem goes away.
KevinWayne answered on January 4, 2013

A
votes
If you're rocking an awesome HDTV with motion smoothing, it could be the TV - some HDTV's have a bit of latency in rendering/processing the picture, which can result in your sound and picture not syncing up. You can go into the options of this player and set "audio delay" to help match it up. That being said, if the sound is literally a few whole SECONDS off, you may have other issues.
lukaspriest answered on February 6, 2014
‹ Previous   1   Next ›