Onkyo TX - NR609 7.2 Channel Network THX Certified A/V Receiver
Used & New from: $700.00
data disks playable on this machine??? I have tried to play a cd made as a 'data' disk (when you burn a disk set it as 'data' and you can get 5-6 hours of music on it).
The 609 doesn't seem to receive it. The disks played find on my old, simple, very cheap receiver that I replaced with the Onkyo.
I'm connected the CD player with an optical cable.
Any ideas?
thanks
asked by Roger S. Gottlieb on August 29, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 answers
A
vote
It sounds to me like you are talking about burning an MP3 disc, a disc with MP3's burned directly as data files instead of converting them to cd audio files. Yes, in that case you can get a couple of hundred songs on a cd compared to about 20 with a normal audio cd.

With this receiver, you can save MP3's and other audio file types on a flash drive and plug it in to the USB port and not have to use any discs at all. I read that other people have been also able to use external hard drives!
R. S. Luther answered on November 21, 2011

A
votes
Did you have the same CD player with your old reciever? My guess would be that if anything is going wrong as far as reading a data disk as music, it would have to do with what you were using to read it, not the reciever. I'm actually surprised that you had a system that could use a data disk in such a way, because I've never seen one work like that.
Xzandre answered on October 22, 2011
‹ Previous   1   Next ›