Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
[UPDATED] asked by Nu Mantra on October 2, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
Is the camera constantly trying to focus? The only motor I can think of is the one that moves the lens. Try it standing in a stationary position filming or photographing something that is not moving - like a tree trunk. If you don't hear any sound because the lens doesn't have to move to refocus, then I would guess it is the lens motor. I didn't like this camera personally and ended up returning it.
LaxDad73 answered on October 3, 2012
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It's normal for cameras with motorized zooms, but the HS30EXR doesn't have one of those. I don't shoot a lot of video with this camera, but as it happens I did last Saturday and got surprisingly good sound. Of course since it happend to be a video of a B-17G revving up it's engines, the sounds were definitely motorized. :)
William A. Fuller answered on October 3, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The motorized sounds you are getting are not normal in my experience. I have no sounds from the unit during video and no sounds out of the ordinary during normal everyday use. I would look into a return/swap out for another camera.
Italo La Posta answered on October 3, 2012
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No this is not norm but i don't know how to fix it. sorry.
Kodiac2 answered on October 3, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I think that is just your auto focus. I get the same sounds from my Nikon D3100 in the video mode. But, only when it is focusing. These are primarily still picture cameras. Video is just a nice option and as yet not quite perfected yet, I guess. The more you use the video function, the better you will get at focusing and you can kinda work through it. I personally don't use it that much, but it's nice to have if you do need it.
Amazon Customer answered on January 8, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
well put it into a different focus mode like one focus instead of continuous or just do manual focus. there should be no other motor sound i love my hs30exr have had it for almost 2 years.
Trent answered on May 30, 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
In exploring my camera there is a setting to turn off the sounds of the camera. I don't know if that is what you are hearing but that is a start. I LOVE this camera. I have several family members, including a professional, who looked this camera over and were plesantly surprised by all the advanced features and some features that they wished they had on their high end Nikon's and Canon cameras. It's been a joy for me and I love it. I hope you figure out your problem ...
stitchhappy answered on October 3, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I don't shoot video with the camera. Only sounds I've encountered are a beep when auto focusing and click when you take a picture.
Timothy L. Worcester answered on October 3, 2012
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Sorry for the delay coz this was buried in my inbox. At any rate, that is not normal. The only time you will hear sound is when you are zooming in/out which is normal for camera with manual zoom. There shouldn't be any motorized sound or hissing whatever. I am pretty sure that camera has either a defective mic or faulty video function. HTH and hopefully not too late.
Joms answered on October 8, 2012
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
My HS30 makes the same sound...its the lens autofocus motor. Completely normal, but shouldn't be THAT loud.
ACL answered on October 4, 2012
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product