do the cables work in ireland

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 25, 2012 6:12:46 AM PST
billie jo says:
Hi. I live in ireland and wanted to buy this for my 7 year old for christmas. Can anybody tell me if the cables work in this country.

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 4:35:14 PM PST
Ivy Vine says:
You have to buy the consoles from a country that uses the same disc format as yours does. North America uses Region 1 while I think Europe is Region 2? So they are not compatible. Same with movie DVD's, you can only use ones that work with the same format DVD player. So while you could buy it from the USA, no discs would work unless you bought them all from USA/Canada. The cables (mainly just the power adapter) are region specific as well. I don't think you have the same power as us and use a different plug style, so you would need an adapter and adapters are never good to use on things that draw lots of power. It is best to use a cable from your own country instead. So unless you want to buy this and all future games from another country and try to replace the power cable, I would just buy locally instead.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Nov 25, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Xbox 360 250GB Holiday Value Bundle
Xbox 360 250GB Holiday Value Bundle by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (342)