do these work with sony chargers?
asked by National Geographic lover on January 25, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
I use them with a Sony charger. What matters is if the charger is for this type of battery. Make sure it is able to charge nimh batteries. These batteries work just fine after the few dozen charges I've put them through.
Andrew P. Cuddy answered on January 25, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Duracell precharged batteries are the same high quality as Sanyo eneloop and Sony cycle energy batteries so they would work in any high quality charger. It's up to you to be aware of any limitations of your charger. Is it a smart charger, capable of charging 1 to 4 different batteries at the same time, with 4 different charging lights, and the ability to shut each battery off when it's done? Or is it a dumb charger, only able to charge in pairs, or only 2 AAA's at a time? There are other variables, but these are the most obvious. So, if you have a dumb charger, you need to know the mAh rating of your AAA batteries (800, 900, or 1000). Then, use only similar-rated batteries together in your appliance, and only charge them together. In other words, if you don't throw all your batteries in a box and pair them up any old way, you should be just fine. Hope this helps.
Kathleen Gent answered on January 26, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes they will work with any NiMH battery charger but since they are not rated as especially low internal resistance, avoid using chargers that charge in less than an hour if you want good lifespan from them.
J.C. answered on January 25, 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
As far as I know any battery will work with any charger (as long as the ratings match) These work with an Energizer charger.
Just My Joy answered on January 25, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have not tried it w Sony, but I can't image it not working. It works w Panasonic.
Mona answered on January 25, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
never used sony but they worked with 2 other brands i had
nickey simmons answered on January 25, 2013
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I highly doubt it. I know they sell batteries with the charger for a few dollars more and and you will only ever need one charger.
Christopher O. Lapp answered on January 25, 2013
Comment | 0 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›