How does the new Garmin Nuvi 50LM compare to the Garmin Nuvi 1450LM or LMT?? They sure look similar.
asked by Richard Langer on September 23, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
votes
They do indeed look close to the same. However the only things that are the same are the "power on-off' button, speaker, and screen size. The outside case is just enough different that your mount clips for the 1450 will not fit the 50. On the software side, The 50 has no "traffic", "eco-route", and cannot handle way points on your route. If you are looking for just "A to B" the 50 is a great unit. Its best advantage, that I have found is that it locks in quicker than the 1450, and because no traffic function, there are no "pop-up ads".
Jeff Lehman answered on March 2, 2012

A
votes
The key differences are map and multipoint routing. 1450 have us and canada map 50 only have lower 48 states. 1450 has multipoint routing
Shop Most answered on November 26, 2011

A
votes
There are feature differences that can be charted, but the biggest difference I found was in the functioning. My 50LM seems to work faster, and be less finicky than the 13/1450 series. If I had to pick one I would get the 50, I haven't had any issues with it.
Alicia answered on November 27, 2012

A
votes
all I could find were powered mount and traffic are added. still checking on if the "special" usb cable some refer to is included with the 1450lm but here's the comparison from Garmin
http://gpstracklog.com/compare/garmin-nuvi-comparison-chart
Joseph Henry answered on November 24, 2011

A
votes
Jeff if you look a bit deeper you will find that you can put in way points. Bring up the map and poke your finger where you want the way point and you can save that spot as a new destination or a way point.
Bruce H. Baker answered on August 19, 2013

A
votes
Why did they take out the recalculating feature on 50LM?
Ann B. answered on January 8, 2014

A
votes
If I purchase this item does it come with the mount and both the charger for your car and computer? It is not stated anywhere.
Jen answered on October 22, 2013

A
votes
If I purchase this item does it come with the mount and both the charger for your car and computer?
Cheryl Overman answered on December 14, 2013

A
votes
does it work in europe?
Joseph A. Demichael answered on December 1, 2012

A
votes
Same question here. I've looked online and can't find a comparison.
It's All George Bush's Fault © answered on November 22, 2011
‹ Previous   1   Next ›