and give $3 amazon credit for buying it - I thought those are tricks used by cheap accessory sellers looking to establish themselves on amazon.com

1. reduce the price to $15 directly

for something that would cost $1 to make in bulk, why can't they include it in the package directly?
asked by JupiterOrlando on September 6, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 31 answers
A
Well, I chatted with an Amazon rep and explained what happened. They gave me a credit. I could have cancelled the order and resubmitted, but I wanted to at least make someone aware of this.

I know it's common practice. However, when the product page for the Fire states, "System Requirements: None. Kindle Fire HD is ready to use right out of the box - no setup, no software to install, no computer required to download content", it is somewhat misleading. The charging cable that comes in the box is just that - a cable. You would need to connect it to a PC to charge it. As far as I am concerned, charging the kindle is a requirement! :P
decypher44 answered on September 6, 2012
Comment | 23 of 24 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I wish someone told me that before I ordered!!!
Comment | 12 of 12 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
A little disappointed. After already pre-ordering the Fire HD 7", I read that it comes only with a usb charging cable to the PC. However, the specs on the FireHD site say that there are no system requirements as the Kindle does not rely on the PC. Isn't charging the unit a requirement???
Comment | 18 of 21 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I actually pre-ordered the Kindle Fire HD and the adapter at the same time. The price for the adapter changed at checkout from $19.99 to $9.97--not too bad I guess. I was advised buy a chat advisor to do this for the extra savings.
shopptina answered on September 6, 2012
Comment | 8 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have a Flip wall charger that I use all the time with my iPod Touch 4th gen. Probably won't work with this as it is only 5W 1A but of course I'll try it anyway. My cable box also has a USB port which I use to charge my PS3 dualshocks, and those things are finicky. So USB ports are available. Also, who is using Amazon without a PC at either work or home? I can't imagine a ton of people buying a Fire if they don't have a PC.

That said - a wall charger really should come in the box, 13.5 hours for a USB charge is FRICKIN' insane.
"Charges in approximately 13.5 hours from your computer via the included USB charging cable"
You can't even charge it all night while you are sleeping unless you plug it in right after dinner to have it ready after breakfast the next day. Not good.
Bob Emmerich answered on September 7, 2012
Comment | 14 of 15 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
My Kindle Fire (original model) came with a wall charger. When traveling without a computer, you cannot charge the new model at all? This is silly.
John T. Sapienza, Jr. answered on September 7, 2012
Comment | 12 of 12 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hi decypher44,

Glad you were able to get the credit. I would've done the same thing :)
shopptina answered on September 6, 2012
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
So cancel your order and place it again.
Ellen Ripley answered on September 6, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It is when that charger charges up the Fire 2 quicker. Besides that... those cables cost pennies to Amazon... but they aren't including proper chargers? That's wrong. If it is meant to be without a PC, then it shouldn't require a PC to charge. Frackin' stupid.
Bald Wookiee answered on September 11, 2012
Comment | 5 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
And the new Kindle Fire HD can't use the same wall charger as the 2011 Fire. Guess I missed something. Why can't the new Fire use the same charger as the old Fire?

Kindle Fire Replacement AC Adapter (does not fit Kindle Fire HD)
Ellen Ripley answered on September 7, 2012
Comment | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   Next ›

See all questions about this product