Sony HDRPJ260V High Definition Handycam 8.9 MP Camcorder with 30x Optical Zoom, 16 GB Embedded Memory and Built-in Projector (2012 Model)
Used & New from: $519.00
does the camera have a macro for close up?
asked by Martin Prine on March 26, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
votes
I do not know what you mean by macro for close up. I shoot videos facing the camera which is about 12-14 inches from me, and it does an excellent job in both video and sound. Perhaps you mean will it film extremely close up shots, say of flowers, or something like that and still be clear and in focus. That I cannot answer, but all in all it is a very good cam. I have not used the projector feature yet so I can't comment there. This is probably not what you wanted, but I thought to respond.....SHALOM......Brother Randahl
Brother Randahl answered on March 26, 2013

A
votes
In full Wide the minimum focus distance is about 3/8". You can hold a sheet of paper right up against the front of the camera, and it will clearly focus, showing the pores in the paper and the text fully clear. Minimum focus distance in 30X telephoto is about 17".

However, it has a feature called "Telemacro". This causes the camera to go to full telephoto (30X) and have a narrow depth of field. This means that a foreground object will be clear and magnified 30X, but the background will be blurred. You could use this to show a bee in a flower. The bee and the flower would be clear, but the foliage background would be blurred.

The focus system is excellent, flexible as described, and easy to have work as desired over a very wide range.
Arrowcatcher answered on March 26, 2013

A
votes
I just tried it and was able to auto focus with the frame actually touching the tablecloth that I was snapping a picture of. The threads were clearly visible. It auto-detected that I was focusing up close and switched to that mode without any setting changes. No kidding, I love this Handycam. I'll try and post some example pictures.
Trina Fallon answered on March 26, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›