Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
does it have to be updated?
asked by Valerie Victory on January 2, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
Natedawg answered on January 2, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It's worked great and I have not had to update it nor needed to. Get it, you'll love it! It's even sort of fun to customer program it, just read the manual, it's very easy!
MC1 answered on January 2, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
There is nothing to update, It reads error codes when the appear, just numbers or codes. You can then look up the codes on the internet, most are universal on car that OBD ll, most from the last ten years. If you fix the problem and use the gauge to clear the error, the car will be good to go after a short time. The car computer has to go through a few cycles with no errors before it can be ready for passing smog. Most of the time I use it as a secondary set of gauges, nice to see your MPG as you go. So no updates and good until the cars change their input parameters, I hope that helps.
David W. Bailey answered on January 3, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I haven't updated mine, so I'll say "no". I got min ethe summer of 2011 and it's great. I wanted it so I could monitor the transmission tempurature. I had to manually program the codes into it, and it has worked flawlessly ever since. I recommend this to every motorhead out there.
Eddie B. answered on January 3, 2013

A
No, there is no update feature
Scott Cooper answered on January 3, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Dogboy answered on January 3, 2013

A
David answered on January 3, 2013