does it mulch?
asked by Deuga on June 3, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
vote
Not so much. It clips and throws the grass ahead and will chop it again but it does not mulch like powered mower.
Serenity answered on June 3, 2013

A
votes
The grass discharges to the front so you mow over the grass as you move forward. I never have to rake. Remember though you have to be vigilant and mow when your grass has grown about an inch or so. If it gets to 5 - 6 inches it won't cut it.
onedust1 answered on June 3, 2013

A
votes
Well, yes and no.....since it throws the grass out in front of the mower (instead of the rear) it does 'mulch'. By discharging in the front, you do go over what has already been cut...so yes I guess you could say it does mulch.
Mary M McKinney answered on June 6, 2013

A
votes
It does not mulch. However, the clippings i think vary on the amount of height you cut off of the grass.
Edward J. Hines answered on June 5, 2013

A
votes
Nope, but it does leave the yard clean
Horace answered on June 3, 2013

A
votes
No, it does not. This mower shears the grass instead of the traditional cut and mulch.
Richard Toh answered on June 3, 2013

A
votes
No. It does not. It shears the grass instead of the traditional cut and mulch, I think it is better for the grass. The idea is to mow as frequently as required and not to let the grass grow out of control. I hope this helps.
Richard Toh answered on June 3, 2013

A
votes
It sends the clippings in front of the mower. The only times I've had clumps of cut grass lying on the lawn is when I've let it get too long or it's wet.
Justin Lee Ware answered on June 3, 2013

A
votes
Honestly, I wasn't paying a lot of attention, but it did cut the grass up well enough to not leave clumps all over the lawn. My grass was definitely very long too. The only thing I didn't like about its "mulching" was that when you get near the driveway or gardens that it just throws grass frontwards onto the pavement or in the garden.

It's hard to say whether it would mulch leaves in the fall, but I'm willing to bet it would. My only real qualms with it are that it can't cut VERY tall pieces of grass and that it's difficult to turn while keeping the blades moving well. That's just not good enough for me to keep it though.
Michael Dudley answered on June 3, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›