Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

does the power supply support 220 volts ??

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 9, 2010 3:31:34 AM PST
Nagib Zeikry says:
hey guys
I want to know if the power supply of the xbox 360 supports both 110 volts and 220 volts or only 110 volts cause I may leave the states and I don't want to buy a voltage converter

Posted on Nov 9, 2010 11:18:05 AM PST
Confirmed... kinect standalone version (Amazon US) power supply reads:

Input 100 - 240V ~0.3A, 47-63Hz
Output 12V 1.08A

So at least here in Chile, is just a matter of having the AC adapter and plug in....

Posted on Nov 9, 2010 2:14:32 PM PST
Nagib Zeikry says:
thanks for the quick reply but I am asking about the power supply of the console itself and not only the kinect cause in this bundle the kinect won't need an adapter

Posted on Nov 10, 2010 2:09:12 AM PST
Cyprus says:
No, it does not. US power supplies support up to about 140V I think. European power supplies only support around the 220V range.

I recently moved to Europe from the US and ran into this problem. I bought a third part adapter from Amazon that was supposed to be 110V/220V compatible. It worked for three hours then died. I ended up buying a used European Xbox over here. That works great, obviously.

I assume your main concern is buying new games? I found out that a lot of Xbox games aren't region locked. There's actually a compatibility guide online:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-3-xbox360_compatibility_guide-49-en.html

So for example, my US bought copy of Halo Reach plays fine on my European bought 360. I can't guarantee this will work for all future game releases, but if you can deal with that, you might want to considering buying a console in Europe. That turned out to be the best solution for me.

Posted on Nov 10, 2010 2:09:45 AM PST
i burn one of those. old xbox bought in the us. plugged in at 220 and explode. yes tge power supply was only for 110. just read the power supply back if say 110-240v you are safe otherwise you dont

Posted on Nov 11, 2010 3:39:01 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2010 3:40:17 AM PST
allyghee says:
i own an xbox which i bought in the states but now using it in a country with 220V power. all i did was to buy a stepdown transformer / adopter from a local electronic store and its been working for well over a year.

Posted on Nov 11, 2010 8:47:44 AM PST
I did the exact same thing and blew up my transformer (stupidly). Now that one is dead if I went and bought a 220V power supply from my local store and plugged it into my US shipped (Amazon) should it work?

Posted on Nov 11, 2010 12:03:48 PM PST
Cyprus says:
Oddly enough, probably not. The US Xbox has an extra piece of plastic in the power socket to prevent this very thing. You can, in theory, remove this chunk of plastic from the US Xbox and then plug in a 220V power brick no problem, but I haven't personally tested that.

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 5:07:48 PM PST
NyGreggUSA says:
US shipped power supplies ONLY work on 110 V NOT 220 V
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Nov 9, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 13, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about