why does it say lens taken out of box
asked by KIM H. on March 12, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
vote
This is just a body and doesn't come with the kit lens. Most people would be better off buying this and buying a nifty fifty separately.
J. Lester answered on March 13, 2013

A
vote
The camera does not have a lens -- I sent it back. What good is a camera without the lens?
Ellen M. answered on March 13, 2013

A
votes
Some people are not interested in the lens that comes with the kit, and would prefer to buy the body of the camera and then separately buy a different lens. That is what I did and it was an affordable way to get a higher quality camera and lens.
Sarah L. answered on March 13, 2013

A
votes
The Rebel T3 doesn't ships factory with the lens. This seller removes the lens and sells just the body. (I assume they sell the lens seperately for an extra profit?) It's a decent deal if you have an extra lens around.
Sheyra Kelley answered on March 13, 2013

A
votes
This item was originally a camera "kit," which included the camera body, a lens, battery charger, etc. But the seller has removed the lens to sell separately, leaving everything else. There is NO LENS with this camera... even though it shows one on the box. It is camera body only, and will only work if you have your own lens. Worked well for me because I already had a lens and didn't want to be paying more for another one.
Shawna Ellis answered on March 13, 2013

A
votes
This item is the body only. It does not include your basic kit lens. I bought the body only because I already had my kit 18-55m lens from my older Canon Rebel camera so there was not point in me purchasing another lense.
Roxanne C. answered on March 13, 2013

A
votes
The camera is packaged as a kit with a lens. If you buy just a body they remove the lens and sell the camera only with its peripherals. They then add a sticker to the kit box that the lens has been removed.
Amazon Customer answered on March 13, 2013

A
votes
only the body is sold without lens
janett answered on March 15, 2013

A
votes
Because if you buy from Canon it comes with the 18 - 55 lense. However this is a good camera and because I had one before I was not looking for a lense, I only wanted the camera body.
Robert Soto answered on March 18, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›