does this tab work with amazon prime membership
asked by Johanna Wood on May 20, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
vote
I checked with my wife, and I believe my earlier comment in my review was incorrect - she watched downloads and Netflix, but not Amazon.
I tried to download Amazon's video player, but could not ...nothing happens. The download program says it needs both Windows Media Player 11 AND Microsoft Net, and that both those will be part of the overall download. But the download never starts.

Maybe someone else has had better results, but for me, I say no.
J. Conner answered on May 20, 2013

A
votes
From what I can tell no, I havent found anything for it.
Jacob VanDenBerg answered on May 20, 2013

A
votes
No. It did work for a few weeks with some modifications, then Amazon changed some more changes and. All the browsers and flash players do not work.
SnowChicana answered on May 20, 2013

A
votes
It played Amazon Prime Instant Videos from when I received my GTab 2 (12/25/12), by side-loading Adobe Flash Player, until it stopped playing the videos sometime in April 2013 when it appeared that Amazon changed something. Many users were complaining loudly and dropping Prime memberships because of this (see discussions here http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_search_res_ti_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdPage=8&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx1COCVA5S207SQ#Mx1976CS79Z565R or if the link doesn't work try Customer Discussions: Amazon Instant Video App for Android?. Unexpectedly the last week of May 2013 it started working for me again. I am not a techie and have no idea why or how (I didn't have to download Dolphiin Browser, as many did), just happy it's working again (FOR RIGHT NOW) because I was already shopping for something else that I could watch Amazon Prime on, (other than Kindle). Hope this helps!
Active Mom answered on June 1, 2013

A
votes
not sure of your question, sorry
christa answered on May 21, 2013

A
votes
You are welcome, I am a real Luddite.
M. Campbell answered on May 20, 2013

A
votes
I'm not a wiz with this tablet so I can't give you a helpful answer.
M. Campbell answered on May 20, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

ARRAY(0xb02ab078)