Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
asked by NEguy on November 5, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
It's the clear plastic covers on the ends of the cables. I made the mistake of not removing them at first and was about to post about how they wouldn't connect, but they do. Work fine on both my tv and the soundbar that I have it connected to.
LG answered on February 3, 2011
Comments (3) | 9 of 11 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Many thanks for the question! The clear plastic covers look like part of the ends. Pulling these covers off and inserting the cable works fine - they just click in. Another tip is that some TVs work best if you set the TV to "External Speakers" so that there is no sound from the TV speakers.
martsky answered on December 21, 2014
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Every toslink/optical cable I've ever used has indeed snapped in. It is not a real hard snap in though.
It certainly should not be falling out, the connection point on your device may be damaged.
Do you have any other input to try so you can see if it is just the one input that is not snapping in?
MikeT answered on February 7, 2011
Comment | 3 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Have Samsung TV and sound bad,both have similar ports. Are most TVs and soundbars use standard squareish sizes?
Suellen Grubaugh answered on January 5, 2015
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Been there and as confused. The key for me was finding that little (and i do mean little) plastic cover on the ends of the cable. The light shines through it so is confusing but remove them and bingot...the plug snaps in! RH
foxhunter answered on June 14, 2016
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Well is it supposed to "snap" in or not? No one has answered the question yet. I tried another brand cable and it did not snpa in place, it just sort of sat there and any movement would nock it out.
Richard J. Warga answered on February 7, 2011
Comment (1) | 2 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Can I use this cable to connect the optical outlet on my dvd player to an HDMI outlet on my TV?
Silvia Moos Backer answered on May 11, 2012
Comment | 1 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Burgess,
Just need one.
MikeT answered on February 5, 2011
Comment | 1 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I would like to know how this cable is used for connecting dvd player to my tuner. Do I need two for that??
thanks,
dummy
M. Burgess answered on November 18, 2010
Comment | 0 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product