Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX200V 18.2 MP Exmor R CMOS Digital Camera with 30x Optical Zoom and 3.0-inch LCD (Black) (2012 Model)
Used & New from: $199.90
How much does it cost to ship this camera to australia? How long is the delivery time?
asked by Nicole Bergmann on March 1, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 answers
A
Hi,

I just shipped one from Amazon.com to South Australia.

As Amazon.com don't send this item to Australia it is necessary to have Amazon.com ship the goods (free Super Saver Shipping within the U.S.A.) to an intermediary such as shipito.com, so go and have a look at their site, http://www.shipito.com/shop-pricing

Amazon.com send it Free Super Saver Shipping via Fedex Smartpost to Shipito.com in Tualatin, Oregon or Hawthorne CA (using Tualatin, Oregon you avoid State Sales Tax in California). It took Fedex Smartpost 6 days to get the Parcel from Phoenix AZ to Tualatin, OR.

If you are making just a "one-off" purchase you would probably find Shipito.com Individual Packages service would suit your needs. Cost and delivery time varies according to the Freight Carrier and Service you select, I went with TNT Express (2-4 business days) and I also wanted Insurance for Loss or Damage and this was USD$62.89 all up, you would probably pay less as I had a few other things in the parcel.

You also have to allow for the Camera containing a Lithium Battery so that precludes some of the cheaper freight options.

You need to made a Customs Declaration through shipito.com in respect of the goods you are importing.

Also, I'm not sure if the Charger for the Battery that is charged inside the Camera is a 240 volt plug. I presume it is an International Voltage Charger, but you may have to buy a Plug Converter from the Flat U.S. two pins to be able to charge it here.

Paid Amazon.com USD$279 for the Camera and still reckon it is a bargain.
mh answered on March 7, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by the author on Mar 8, 2013 3:00:04 PM PST]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product