Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 21, 2011 6:02:30 PM PDT
Edwin Wai says:
I just got the Hori LCD and found this and I'm thinking about returning the Hori one since this one looks much cooler and it's more or less all in one. Is there a features comparison?

Posted on Jun 22, 2011 12:17:53 PM PDT
GAEMS says:
Edwin,

We will not talk badly about any product and we do not claim to be an expert on anyone else's product. I can simply provide you with facts and let you the end consumer decide what works best for you.

The GAEMS G155 has a 155.5" HD LED monitor while the Hori is an 11.6" I believe and I am not sure if it is LED or not.
The GAEMS G155 works with both PS3 and Xbox 360 while the Hori is built for one device only.
The GAEMS G155 has a pair fo component stereo speakers with a patented case design to optimize the gaming expereince to the end user. I know the Hori has speakers, but quality, design and sound preference of the user are all unknown to me.

The GAEMS G155 also offers something Hori does not. Protection to the monitor, the speakers, the console and all the gear internally. GAEMS G155 also provides space to carry all required cables, power supplies and controllers needed for a complete experience without needing a carrying bag, backpack or cardboard box. After all, would you trust the protection of your $400 PS3 Slim to a 10 cent cardboard box? I would not.

John

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2011 12:30:25 PM PDT
Edwin Wai says:
Tx John, I'm sold. Just placed the order 1 minute ago. I travel a lot in between Asia and USA so this is a better choice for me since everything comes in 1 piece versus components here and there. It is more expensive but the bigger screen and the convenience are what convinced me. thanks.

Edwin

Posted on Jun 22, 2011 2:00:11 PM PDT
GAEMS says:
Edwin,

So that you are aware our monitor much like the PS3 works well everywhere. I presume you will travel with the appropriate adapters (NA is 110 Europe and Asia is 220). If not make sure you get one. GAEMS G155 power adapters are currently built with the ability to simply swap out the component end that plugs into the power source allowing the user to game around the world. Someday we hope console manufacturers will do the same for their products.

John Smith
GAEMS co-founder

Posted on Jun 25, 2011 2:10:53 PM PDT
Hi John ,

I'm really interested in your product. But just need some clarifications , I also travel a lot . This is what i need clarification on :

1- The unit needs AC power ? if so , does it accept both 110 and 220 ?
2- If it doesn't need AC power i.e. has batteries , how do you power the console ? I'm thinking mega portability i.e. outdoors :) .

Thanks and waiting for your reply.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2011 11:22:50 AM PDT
GAEMS says:
Nabil,

The GAEMS G155 is A/C power and works with 110/v and 220/v. There are no batteries at this point, consoles demand too many amps at startup and drain current battery technology too quickly. Not to mention the weight.

I actually use a DC/AC adapter in my SUV for tailgating parties, camping and other outdoor activities.

Watch how the GAEMS cases are used in the new movie "N00bz" coming to theaters in October. Not only is the movie hysterical, the gamers portrayed in the movie need to game ANYWHERE!

John Smith
GAEMS co-founder

Posted on Jun 28, 2011 9:26:38 AM PDT
Yo John, Does this thing support the original model PS3's as well?

Posted on Jun 28, 2011 4:54:14 PM PDT
Jake Johns says:
Thats what my discussion is about paul.

Posted on Jun 28, 2011 5:45:32 PM PDT
Thanks for answering all the questions on here John i have noticed you actually answer the questions unlike some companies...anyways i am really interested in getting your product when it comes out.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2011 2:34:16 AM PDT
Oh, my bad. Oh well, looks like I should look into getting a slim, or only using this thing for my 360 on the go. That's too bad though.

Posted on Jun 29, 2011 8:27:54 AM PDT
Jake Johns says:
Paul,
if you read the discussion, he said that they are working on a way to make it compatible.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2011 5:51:10 PM PDT
GAEMS says:
Paul,

GAEMS does have great interest in supporting the PS3 original design. Please enjoy the G155 with your Xbox 360, but keep your eyes open for a GAEMS accessory option that may soon allow you to enjoy your PS3 original with it as well!

John Smith
GAEMS co-founder

Posted on Sep 13, 2011 12:38:56 PM PDT
John
For the ac/dc adapter you mentioned do you have any suggestions on which one to buy? I would like to use my g155 from my car on road trips or when I'm at work and want to be outside. Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2011 3:10:42 PM PDT
GAEMS says:
Anthony,

I have heard of people using 175-200W inverters, but I think that is too small and you risk being underpowered. I recommend that you use a minimum of 250W and I am the master of overkill so I use an 1100W. Here are the Amazon links to a couple good options. I have the power bright in my SUV, but the Belkin should save money and provide adequate power.

Power Bright PW1100-12 Power Inverter 1100 Watt 12 Volt DC To 110 Volt AC
Belkin 2 Outlet Dc/Ac Inverter

Does this help?

John Smith
GAEMS co-founder

Posted on Sep 15, 2011 10:43:11 PM PDT
John,

Yes it does. I am not very electrically inclined and I was afraid of damaging the G155 or my reach xbox. Its funny because I was also looking at the power bright as well. Thank you very much. I love the G155 and i appreciate your quick responses to the many people that also love the product. I hope to head up north and visit your offices sometime if possible. Keep up the great work.

Anthony

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2011 1:28:19 AM PDT
GAEMS says:
Anthony,

You are very welcome. Please send pics to ProjectGAEMS and maybe we will post them on the new & improved site we are building behind the scenes.

If you decide to visit our facility, let me know with advance notice because I would certainly like to make myself available to say "hello" and even give you a short tour.

John Smith
GAEMS co-founder

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 26, 2013 5:57:01 AM PDT
Devin M. says:
I was just wondering if you have noticed any long term affects on your equipment because its a "modified sine inverter" as opposed to a "pure sine inverter". I have just purchased the 20 inch g155 and would like to have a setup for my car. I just want to make sure I purchase the correct inverter so I don't burn up my ps3 or 360. Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2013 2:52:14 AM PDT
GAEMS says:
Devin M.,

Apologies for the late reply. I am not certain of the impact of the Modified Sine Wave inverter on the Xbox or PS3. I have not worked with any that I am familiar with. I tend to overspend on electrical and electronics to be safe. I know the Pure Sine Inverters are a bit more money, but I tend to go with the more complex inverters.

John Smith
GAEMS co-founder

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2014 1:44:24 PM PST
THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR THIS ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  Jun 21, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 7, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
G155-Gaming and Entertainment Mobile System (Xbox 360/ PS3 Not included)
G155-Gaming and Entertainment Mobile System (Xbox 360/ PS3 Not included) by GAEMS (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (303)