What do I do if my G5 doesn't have Intel? I have a G5 from the year before they went all Intel processors. I bought this but its not compatible. Does anyone know a similar product that will work on my machine?
asked by C. Mac User on January 16, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 answers
A
there isn't much you can do with non-intel macs. i also have a dual g5 2.0ghz powermac that is lying around doing nothing. for video capturing you might be able to find an ATI all-in-wonder mac edition. if you have an imac non intel then you can't upgrade the video on them and have to look for a usb or firewire solution. roxio has one that is compatible with non-intel macs - according to their website... http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/toast/device/requirements.html. i haven't used it personally so i can't give you any feedback on it. i have used the elgato on my mac mini and it's really easy to use. if you don't mind getting a new mac (intel) i'd recommend it. use the older one as a file server or back up server. hope that helps
S. Martin answered on November 17, 2010
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Time to upgrade to intel mac, look on ebay, can get a good used macpro Like I did for around $500 if you spend some time looking.
Had mine over a year, I never shut it off, never a problem.
\\-olff answered on December 6, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product