Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Halo 3 - Xbox 360 forum

I don't get why this game is M.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 18, 2007 2:54:45 PM PST
I think it's pretty close to T. Some T games are worse then this. Plus the language and violence is scaled down a bit. Maybe they rated it M cuss it'd make it look better, or because of the online play.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2007 3:50:15 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2007 3:51:27 PM PST
madgamer says:
I truly agree. I started playing halo 1 when i was 8!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2007 4:26:31 PM PST
Todd Wilson says:
Watching confetti explode from an alien's head is certainly less than mature.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2007 11:54:25 AM PST
madgamer says:
halo 3 isnt as bad as halo 1 or 2. On halo 1 and 2 if you shoot a dead person blood is everywhere,but on halo 3 it dosnt go everywhere. post back if you agree with me

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2007 6:34:02 AM PST
I totally agree, there's not even near as much swearing in this Halo. I'd even recomend it to 13 year olds.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 3, 2008 6:59:08 PM PST
Lol, the confetti part w/ the grunts is awesome. But yes, certainly less than mature, especially if u compare it to Gears of War.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2008 10:18:01 AM PST
eze543113 says:
i don't know why this got an M rating either. there is no cussing or sex just alien/ some human blood.
but when i play the game i don't even noticed it,, it's so little.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2008 1:06:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2008 1:06:47 AM PST
Pretty much any game involving shooting semi-realistic humanoids with any amount of blood is going to get the mature rating. What really needs to happen is that the AO (adults only) rating needs to be used more. This would seperate games like GTA (clearly a violent adult themed game) from games like halo.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2008 6:15:35 PM PDT
madgamer says:
Susan I would reccomend it to a 9 year old. I also own gears of war and it is one of the most violent/bloody/gory games i have ever seen. (im not even a teen)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2008 12:44:42 PM PDT
S. Bruce says:
*i wonder if any of these posters played it on legendary with the skulls on from start to finish?*

i do agree there is less gore

:[

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 29, 2008 12:07:33 AM PDT
to:s. Bruce
i've played all of them with IWHBYD turned and I don't think there is a significant increase in mature language. As for the rest of the skulls, 4 of us tryed a level with all of them on, and it took over 3hrs... totally insane, but no real change in violence.

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2008 10:51:26 AM PDT
dertymex says:
Uncharted Drake's Fortune for the PS3 is rated T. But you can blow people up with grenades and grenade launchers. Kill people with your choice of a shotgun, uzi(automatic pistol), pistol, or ak-47. There's plenty of blood and booby traps that would definitely crush your ribcage instantly. And not to mention some strong language yet it's still rated T hmmm. Don't trust the ESRB, trust your own opinion and consider the opinions of others.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 3, 2008 7:52:38 PM PDT
J. Keller says:
Yeah, the ESRB is incapable of deciding ratings. I say we storm their headquarters and burn it down!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2008 7:20:47 PM PDT
Renfield says:
I agree, it should be T for Teen. Halo 2 was definitely the goriest halo, so I can see why that was M, but this is definitely a T. I've played T games that were much worse than this.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2008 2:23:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 26, 2008 2:36:18 PM PDT
Its definitely rated M for its online play.
Lets just say that as far as online games go, Halo 3 is not known for its friendliness.
Why would they rate a game mature when the people you face in it obviously not...

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2008 7:20:56 PM PDT
I never understood why this is rated Mature either.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2008 1:49:43 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 5, 2008 1:52:44 AM PDT
WiredKnight says:
Exactly what T games are "worse" than Halo 3?

I don't think they wanted it M just to draw a mature audience (that sort of thing happens more with movies, game developers typically strive for the widest audience possible), but you may have a point in mentioning the online play. Though they can't control what goes on or what is said, I think most people know what to expect online, and wouldn't want to subject their kids to it, and Bungie had the same idea.

It is on the lighter side, I'll give you that, it's mostly the "realistic" animated blood that barely pushes it over the top. That and Cortana's breasts. Which is ridiculous, since she's not even human. The designers and gamers just see her as a physical embodiment of an AI, but the ESRB review board just sees her as a naked blue woman. Oh well. That's what we get for living in America.

Oh P.S. You all need to look up and familiarize yourself with how the ESRB works. You'll find that they have different people review each game, so that easily explains why the ratings may seem inconsistent.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Halo 3 - Xbox 360 forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Dec 18, 2007
Latest post:  Oct 5, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Halo 3 - Xbox 360
Halo 3 - Xbox 360 by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
4.3 out of 5 stars (1,018)