Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 3, 2009 5:49:17 AM PST
amerdale876 says:
I've seen many stories cramming the internet reporting that director Zach Snyder will release "Tales of the Black Freighter" edited into the Watchmen movie as a fall 2009 DVD/Blu-Ray release (here's just one report: http://www.collider.com/entertainment/news/article.asp/aid/10993/tcid/1). So take caution when buying this DVD! If you're buying it just because you don't think the Freighter is making the movie cut (which it's not for the theatrical cut or the director's cut on DVD this late spring), don't get it 'cause, ultimately, there will be a "ultimate cut" released in the fall, including the Freighter storyline.

Posted on Mar 3, 2009 6:21:19 PM PST
What about "Under the Hood"?

Posted on Mar 3, 2009 6:25:44 PM PST
T. F. says:
Will the ultimate cut feature the "Black Freighter" story in one continuous presentation as in this release, or will it be broken down and edited into the film in pieces spread throughout the story? I think that there are plenty of fans who would be interested in having a copy like this to watch straight through, and if this footage is going to be interspersed in the director's cut then I don't see this as a completely redundant release.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2009 7:16:23 PM PST
amerdale876 says:
"Under the Hood" as far as I know won't be included but it's only a 30-minute short anyways. And as for the Black Freighter, I'm sure it will be interspersed throughout the movie, the same way it is in the comic. But I'm not 100% positive. But it is redundant to release this and then the ultimate cut, because the Black Freighter was meant to go along with the scenes that it goes along with in the comic. It was not meant to be read or seen as a separate entity.

Posted on Mar 8, 2009 9:15:13 PM PDT
eco10530 says:
I have the Watchmen graphic novel and all I see in the book about the black freighter is a 3-4 pages talking about the history of the black freighter comic book. Can someone please enlighten me...where is this story that they are making into a 64 minute film?!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2009 1:22:35 AM PDT
You obviously have not actually read the graphic novel then... it's all over the place. Look for pictures of a guy maybe tying some bodies to a raft, getting attacked by sharks, etc. Or look for that black kid with glasses who's always reading the story next to the newspaper guy. The boxes that the story's text is in look a little different color and have frayed edges, reminiscent of a treasure map or something.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Mar 3, 2009
Latest post:  Mar 9, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Watchmen: Tales of the Black Freighter & Under the Hood [Blu-ray]
Watchmen: Tales of the Black Freighter & Under the Hood [Blu-ray] by Gerard Butler (Blu-ray - 2009)
3.4 out of 5 stars   (57)