Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
download movies? Im looking for a tablet that not only will stream movies but download them as well for traveling. Will the Thrive do this, and if not do you have any suggestions?
asked by John C. Thomas on December 5, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 18 answers
A
MW answered on April 17, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
MW answered on April 17, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You have SD card slot on Thrive. You can preload movies on a SD card and then insert it into the card slot or put a SD card into the slot first and then download the movie directly onto the SD card, rather than downloading it to the internal memory as 16 GB fills up fast. I suggest class 6 or higher rating 32GB or 64 GB Sd cards.
zanypoet answered on December 30, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
That's a loaded question. Today's tablets will stream video because flash is included or can be downloaded. To stream you need access to wifi. A netflix app is included and you can also stream amazon video if you're a prime member. I've done both and they work fine.
Downloading is a different issue and I'm not sure what is being asked. You can convert a dvd to a .mp4 or some other format and transfer it to play on the thrive. I have a class 4 and it plays well so I wouldn't worry about the class.
PhillyGirl answered on January 12, 2012

A
A SanDisk Class 4 under certain conditions will be faster than a Class 10. Even a Class 2 will work. The TT is a natural Media Centric Tablet.
A. GRIECO answered on January 13, 2012

A
I am confused on what good the thrive is for movies after I have now bought it. I got the 32gb and travel via flights 4 times a year, so if I want to view a movie in air, so i need to use a seprate dvd player or find out who puts movies on thumb drives?
Can someone please get me the correct answers. I checked netflix and they only seem to watch live movies or tv shows and not download, any other sites to check out?
Patrick R. answered on January 22, 2012
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Patrick
Do not be confused. The Toshiba Thrive has a Media Player as an installed app. I wish more TABLETS has an in house plasyer installed. Thus the TT USB, or Memory card with a loaded Movie is all set to play your avi./MP formats. There are TORRENT sites through out the Net. Use your Home Computer to setup VUZE, down load their top 250 suggestions. Copy the avi. to external media, load to your TT and send Quality time watching media plays.

PS: I wish my Asus EEE Pad had an Asus installed Media Player. Only my TT has so far using therir player fullfilled the need.
A. GRIECO answered on January 23, 2012

A
Great help, I will be looking back at this post to try to do the stuff correctly. I ordered 2 32gb sd cards today and will try to download movies and see what i can learn.
Patrick R. answered on January 23, 2012

A
If you want software that easily converts movie files for the Thrive, try Video Catalyst...costs about $10 and is incredibly user friendly. I've converted about 10 different movies, plus television shows (I Love Lucy!) and put them on an SD card and watched them on my TT. Video Catalyst has great support too. If you want to try a freebee first, try Handbrake. Google either one to find out more about them.
MW answered on February 15, 2012

A
MW...From what sites did you get the movies and tv shows from to convert?
Robert answered on February 19, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product