Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Wii 2000 Points Card forum

Can you download them again without paying?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 3, 2008 6:43:33 AM PST
My question is, if for some reason I have to replace my Wii or (for some unknown reason), I accidently delete the game from my Wii, can I download it again without having to pay for it with more points? I can understand if I can't because it's a new Wii (prevents people from sharing the games to other people), but if it's the same Wii and I, or Heaven forbid my kids, delete it, am I out of luck and have to spend more points?

Just want to make sure before I delve into this.

Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2008 2:37:34 PM PST
matttail says:
If you delete the games from your Wii you can download them again. I don't think there's any way to switch between consoles, but I suppose it might be possible if you called up Nintendo. But you can download the games s many times as you want to your console and you can also back them up to SD card.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2008 8:27:13 AM PDT
Bullot Eric says:
hi !

u can save ur games by puting menu wii cordinatates and the games appear !!
or u save them on a sd card the quickest u can !

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2008 12:40:35 PM PDT
Brian says:
I had my Wii stolen (awful), and I bought another one. Nintendo transferred my online account to the new Wii and I had all of my Wii points and games to download again (free, since I already bought them).

So yes - you can!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2009 6:38:32 PM PST
If you have to replace the wii contact Nintendo first before you do so.

Otherwise you can redownload the games to the same wii as many times as you want. You buy a license to the game which allows you to download the game to the same wii as many times as needed. It's all explained in the end user agreement.

Posted on Aug 2, 2010 9:36:57 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 2, 2010 9:37:40 AM PDT
J. Parmelee says:
Here is my question: If your Wii memory card dies for some strange reason, will you be able to get your downloaded games back on a different Wii memory card without having to buy them all back? This is important for me because if I can't have the games I downloaded plus the memory card is dead I will feel ripped off twice.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Jan 3, 2008
Latest post:  Aug 2, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Wii 2000 Points Card
Wii 2000 Points Card by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii)
3.8 out of 5 stars (104)