Sony HDRPJ260V High Definition Handycam 8.9 MP Camcorder with 30x Optical Zoom, 16 GB Embedded Memory and Built-in Projector (2012 Model)
Used & New from: $713.99
Can I download videos from a HDRPJ260 camcorder to a Mac, so I can edit them using iMovie?
asked by Rajesh Srinivasa on November 19, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
vote
Yes indeed!
Terrence A. answered on November 19, 2012

A
vote
Yes.
D. Walsdorf answered on November 19, 2012

A
votes
I purchased the HDRPJ260 a while back and have a Mac laptop. The movies do download directly into iMovie. We love the camera as well, works great. The quality is good enough for most home movies I feel.
Kindle Customer answered on November 19, 2012

A
votes
No - not if you want high quality video! The edges of anything moving will be slightly fuzzy. The Sony interlacing format isn't perfectly compatible with iMovie. I've spoken with Sony and with Apple about this, but there's no resolution yet that I know of.
My solution is to import the video using Adobe Premier Elements.
Brian answered on November 19, 2012

A
votes
I believe you can also use MPEG Streamclip... works great and is fast. It doesn't have to change any formats. And it's free.

http://www.squared5.com/
Bob Hagerty answered on November 19, 2012

A
votes
So conclusion is that it doesn't play well with MACS? I have an old G5 PowerPC OS 10.5.8. The iMovie 09 doesn't work well with videos from a Canon HF R20 bought 2-3 years ago. Thus, my MAC won't work well with videos from the HDRPJ260V right? (HF R20 videos work on iMovie 11 of a friend/Handbrake or similar worked but quality horrific). Can I download videos with MAC Image Capture without quality loss (later I might get a PC or a newer MAC)? This is what I've been doing for the HF R20. It sounds like dealing with this issue will be a major PITA just like the HF R20. Is there a different camcorder like the HDRPJ260V somebody would recommend for using with a MAC? Also, is it true that the projector ONLY WORKS with video shot and recorded to internal memory, not to flash card (one comment mentioned this)?
SFer answered on February 6, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›