dragon mystery -- please help before i lose my mind!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 5, 2009 6:27:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 5, 2009 6:34:04 PM PDT
Ok, so...just for starters: Whenever Malia has a material for sell in her shop that I don't already own, I nearly always buy it on the premise that I will eventually need it to solve a mystery. As such, when it came time in my game for the "Dragon Mystery," I already had both the Freaky Frog Fat and the Ancient Dragon Scale in stock. However, I didn't have the Mangagora Root -- mainly because I had never seen it for sale.

Now, here is my problem: On the very first day of the mystery, I went to the Emporium and Malia rattled off a list of the items that I would need to give her to make the Mangagora Root. Then, she finished by saying that I could either give her "several of any one kind, or a mix of the different kinds together" -- the items of course being red roses, pink roses, red tulips, yellow may lilies, white marguerites, and yellow candy flowers. So, I went around town collecting as many of the items as I could possibly find, and then shuttled my way back to Malia to drop them off. The first time, I took her one of each of all the flowers she said that she needed EXCEPT for the yellow candyflower. I then checked back with the shop periodically over the next 8 hours or so to see if the Mangagora Root was ready. Nothing. So, I decided to ask her about the Mangagora Root again. When I did, she repeated what she had said the first time I asked her, along with the list of what she would need to make it. At that point, I figured that maybe it was my fault, and that I had just messed up somehow by not including the yellow candy flower. Fine. So, I went around town searching for all of the items again. This time, however, I couldn't find a white marguerite anywhere. So, I went back to the shop and gave her 7 yellow may lillies, and decided to wait again. By the end of the evening, there was still no Mangagora Root on the shelf for sell...so I chalked it up as a lost cause and make the decision to try again the following morning,

When I went back to the shop the next day, there was still no Mangagora Root. So, I tried clearing off Malia's entire shelf. I bought every material that she had for sale in the hope that maybe that was the issue. But, she didn't restock for several hours, and when she finally did, she had the same things there that she had had before. I decided to ask about the Mangagora Root for a 3rd time, and then went back to the shop with 2 pink roses, 2 red roses, and 3 yellow may lilies. Again, I waited all day long. And again, I cleared off her entire shelf after waiting, buying more of the materials that she had for sale there that I DIDN'T NEED just so she would make the one material that I did. Still nothing. It has now been another several hours after buying Malia out, and not only do I still not have the Mangagora Root -- Malia is not restocking AT ALL! I am quickly losing patience here...so I figured, in a last ditch effort, that I would come to this forum for help. Can anyone please tell me what the problem is? If there is anything else I can use in place of the Mangagora Root for this mystery? If there are any spells for changing the color of flowers since I can no longer find a white marguerite either in the town or at Daisy's? And, what else there is that I can possibly do at this point? I would be willing to buy a white marguerite off of someone if they have it, by the way, just so that I can try Malia's one final time. Thanks so much in advance for all of your help and suggestions here!!

Posted on Oct 7, 2009 4:57:32 PM PDT
Kellie says:
She offered me the mandragora root before I needed it. I think you have to ask her for work and she will tell you what she needs. Eventually she will ask you for the mandragora ingredients and then give it to you when she has a few things. Good luck!

Posted on Oct 17, 2009 12:26:30 PM PDT
A. McKee says:
I had a hard time with her making the potion as well. I took her several of the ingredients and had to wait overnight for the potion to show up. It shocked me because the other two were made within the hour or so. I am not sure what the glitch is but I simply used on type of flower when I got mine. I think I used all white tulips and I only used like two. Hope this helps.

Posted on Jun 5, 2011 9:03:52 AM PDT
Fran K. says:
i still need help with that. do i have to bring her the yellow candy flower? i just bring her 1 of everything but it didnt work! help?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Sep 5, 2009
Latest post:  Jun 5, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Magician's Quest: Mysterious Times - Nintendo DS
Magician's Quest: Mysterious Times - Nintendo DS by Konami (Nintendo DS)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (39)