Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM
My drill only unscrews (to the left) and does not screw in the bolts. Is it defective?
asked by S. Liaw on July 4, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
It is defective, but fixable. Unscrew and open the drill case. Adjust the switch to all three settings to see if they work properly when button is pressed. Then place the plastic orange tab back on top of the switch, then the drill case. Holding tightly together before screwing back together, test the orange tab/switch. It should move to all three settings if done correctly. Then screw tightly. Hopefully it stays in the right place when kids are being rough with it!
Jaimie answered on August 29, 2014
Comment (1) | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have the same problem. I've bought both the plane and roadster and both drills only unscrew. I've tried the switch that supposed to change directions but it doesn't work.
Tony answered on February 3, 2014
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
ours essentially doesn't screw either (we've gotten a replacement and it has the same problem) we figured out if you jiggle the direction switch quite a bit it eventually clicks forward again and will go into forward mode.
texchi answered on January 17, 2015
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Find the little switch to change direction.
Kindle Customer answered on July 4, 2013
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The screwdriver works like a real one. It has forward and reverse. The toy is not at my house but as I remember there is a button or switch that changes the direction.
Susan answered on July 4, 2013

A
I am not sure, I got the crane/truck model so I don't know if they are different. Ours screws in bolts and removes them there's a switch to change the direction.
vanessatiara answered on July 4, 2013

A
It takes a bit of patience to get the drill working in both directions - especially for a 4 year old - there is a switch on the handle that needs to be moved from one position to another to get the drill to screw and unscrew. We experienced the same thing - then figured it out.
maryann mccrea answered on July 4, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
There's a little switch that changes directions, in front of the trigger. The center position is "Off". It's just like a real drill.
Amazon Customer answered on July 4, 2013
Comment | 1 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I'm sorry, but I don't know. I purchased it as a gift so I haven't used it.
Medea Lee answered on July 5, 2013
Comment | 0 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by the author on Mar 12, 2014 1:13:59 PM PDT]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product