It won't play all the pics on my usb drive. It chooses less than half of them and plays them over and over.
asked by Mary on February 22, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 answers
A
votes
Their random function isn't very good, as it repeats too much. I have over 1000 pictures on it and within the first 50 that it plays it has repeated probably 5 to 8 of them. That's not very random. They should fix their software, as the random function is not a difficult thing to do in programming.
H. Emery answered on March 1, 2013

A
votes
I have the same problem. I use only 1 usb, with 4 of about 30 pics that dont' show up on slide show, but show up on sequential. All are jpegs. file size is not the issue either as it shows larger and smaller ones. I think it is a glitch in the frame. And since I was asked to promote the frame by the vendor, I am having serious doubts about this product. However, the view quality and remote control features are nice.
anon answered on February 22, 2013

A
votes
how many photos do you have on your USB drive? Are all the files in the same format, like .jpeg? I use a sd card for mine (for a digital camera)
Todd answered on February 22, 2013

A
votes
I have the same problem. I use only 1 usb, with 4 of about 30 pics that dont' show up on slide show, but show up on sequential. All are jpegs. file size is not the issue either as it shows larger and smaller ones. I think it is a glitch in the frame. And since I was asked to promote the frame by the vendor, I am having serious doubts about this product. However, the view quality and remote control features are nice.
anon answered on February 22, 2013

A
vote
sometimes it does feel like it's not playing all of them - the random function doesn't go through all of them before repeating - but it will !
Smiley answered on February 22, 2013

A
votes
I believe the same because I keep on seeing some pictures from my usb drive played over and over again while some pictures are not being played.
Mark Anthony answered on February 22, 2013

A
votes
I have my pictures on SD card and I have noticed that it will repeat pictures but it does seem to go through the whole sequence.
Hanson answered on February 24, 2013

A
votes
I have all my pictures on an SD card and I have not had that problem. I have not tried using a usb drive.
David R. Fuller answered on February 22, 2013

A
votes
I just found answer on this webpage. If your photo frame cannot play more than 1720 photos, please SAY SO ON AMAZON, so that I don't have to buy it and then painstakingly spend hours and hours trying to find out what the problem was.
https://nix.zendesk.com/entries/22838191-I-have-thousands-of-photos-but-can-t-see-ALL-of-them-on-my-frame
Engineer answered on January 30, 2014

A
votes
Exactly the same problem for me. I have a few thousand photos on a 32GB SD card, but only less than half are being played. I didn't even use the random mode. The sequence mode cannot find all the photos. The embedded software certainly has lots of limitations but the manual doesn't show them.
Engineer answered on January 30, 2014
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›