Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Nintendo 3DS XL - Red/Black forum

ds games on a 3ds xl unit

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 25, 2012 8:47:02 AM PDT
can you still play regular nintendo ds games on the 3dxl?

Posted on Oct 10, 2012 5:43:23 AM PDT
Jinx Fantasy says:
yes, you can. But don't expect to see them in 3d.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 6:44:16 PM PST
Mom of 2 says:
Does a regular DS game look good & play well on the 3D xl? As you said before, it won't be in 3D, I just want to make sure it will work before I open the brand new game.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013 7:34:43 AM PST
WolfPup says:
I think they look and run just fine. I think if you see them side by side, the 3DS loading times for DS games is supposedly to be slightly worse (one example I recall was like 11 seconds for something that took 9 seconds on a DS), and the color is supposed to be a bit different. But it looks, I mean I'd never know it looked any different at all if not for side by side comparison screen shots on the Internet.

The only truly noticeable thing is that because the DS is 4:3 and the 3DS is 16:9, the top screen has black bars on the side, which isn't really a big deal at all, and is probably more or less made up for by the DS XL having a 4.3" screen versus a 4.8" on the 3DS XL.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Sep 25, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Nintendo 3DS XL - Red/Black
Nintendo 3DS XL - Red/Black by Nintendo (Nintendo 3DS)
4.6 out of 5 stars (2,550)