Can you set this to just be a dusk-to-dawn light, with no motion detection? I need something to light a sign at night.
asked by Kgwv on February 5, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 18 answers
A
I'm not sure what the realistic constant runtime of this light. I don't believe you can adjust the motion sensor to stay on constantly.
K. Landers answered on February 5, 2013
Comments (3) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The light won't come on without motion unless you manually turn it on at dusk and turn off at dawn, the good thing is it is a toggle switch on the bottom of the light which is easy to flip and reach depending on the location of the light of course; the battery is said to hold an 8 hour charge of operating time, but I've had it on for almost 10 hours before shutting it off myself, you can however adjust the duration of time the light remains on after the motion sensor is tripped, I believe it lasts up to 10 min or so; hope this was helpful.
Johnny C. answered on February 5, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Product description says it'll run up to 8 hours, but I don't think this is the best choice of light for your purpose.
Sunny Given, Ms. answered on February 5, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It is my understanding that the motion detection feature activates the light. No motion detection--no light. Also, instructions say that the max light duration is only two minutes before it turns off. So ---no.
Robert Hansohn answered on February 5, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
no, only motion. Solar lights constantly on during the night would not last very long. I don't believe the eight hour figure except maybe in the most favorable conditions, I never seen one with the dusk to dawn option.
MARK answered on February 5, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
There is an on switch which has three positions. On, off and auto.I used the On position when setting up the light in the daylight so I know this works. I don't know how long the battery will last if it is on all night. It may last for a few nights, but if you get a few cloudy days I would expect the battery will not get a full charge and thus won't last long. In short I wouldn't reccomend it on a nightly basis.
Charles Marcus answered on February 5, 2013

A
Since this light only was operational for about a week, would not purchase it.That is why I returned it.
Old Greybeard answered on February 5, 2013

A
yes
George Jordan answered on February 5, 2013

A
Yes! And you can choose how long you want it to stay lit once its activated when its dark outside, up to 2 min, I think. This gives us time to get to the door and put the regular porch light on if someone unexpected rings the door bell. And, as people exit our front door area at night, the solar light gives the added lighting for safety.
Occasional shopper answered on February 5, 2013

A
Not that I know of; you need a different solar light for that.
Occasional shopper answered on February 5, 2013
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product