Sony BDP-S580 Blu-ray Disc Player (Black)
Used & New from: $95.99
dvd playback issues Does anyone else, when playing a dvd not blu ray disc find that the player actually jumps ahead to far at the very start of some movies and their menus? please let me know if i need to be more specific thank you i really need help with this topic. Is this normal or what?
asked by Javier Rogeriguez Roderiges on July 21, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
Not sure what you mean, but my Sony player (BDP-S580) plays DVDs fine. Starts from the beginning of the DVD on all DVDs I have watched so far.
Rosey B. answered on July 23, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
do i have to hook it up through the standard av cables?
computer nut answered on July 23, 2011

A
does it resume to play where it stop ?
kathy lee answered on March 7, 2012

A
The problem with the 'resume play' feature is two fold:

1. The 'resume play feature' is very antiquated. The BD or DVD MUST be left in the unit for the unit to 'remember' where it was. If the disk is removed the player will forget where it was in a program. I have a 12 year old JVC DVD player that has a much more sophisticated 'disc resume' feature that can be set up to remember where it was in playback even if disk is removed and another disk is inserted.

2. My BDP-S580 often will not boot if a disk is left in the drive at power off. At the next power on it will just sit there and blink 'Wait'. Sometimes it takes a few minutes, sometimes several hours, right now it has been blinking 'Wait' for 360 hours continuously.
Dem answered on April 19, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›