Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Stone Cherry Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Color: Green Envy|Change

VINE VOICEon February 9, 2012
-----Update May 2015------
The cooler works just as good today as it did when I bought it. No problems at all with years of daily use. Absolutely love it.

------Original Review-------
There's a reason why this lunch bag gets stellar reviews.

I've been taking my lunch to work for years and I'm a self-proclaimed lunch bag connoisseur. I'm always on the lookout for a good product because a good, large lunch bag is so hard to find! Whenever I'm in a department store, camping/outdoor store, and even online, I'm always looking to replace my current bag which I just consider adequate. There are PLENTY of big bags out there that one can use, but the challenge is always trying to find a bag that is big enough and easy to use, without being too big to be impractical. EBags has struck gold by settling on a size that fits smack dab in the middle ground where there are so few competitors. It's big enough for a large lunch, and then some, but not so big that it's the bag you take to the lake for an afternoon with the family.

The one thing that I absolutely love about this bag is the size and the height. I carry my own water to work so that is why I need a large bag. It's VERY rare to find a lunch bag that can accommodate 2-32oz Nalgene bottles along with a sizable lunch. Also, I take real meals into work and not sandwiches, so I tend to use tupperware which can take up a substantial amount of room. With this bag I'm able to STAND 2-32oz Nalgene bottles up in the main compartment and have a square 4.2-cup Rubbermaid container of soup and a 3.2-cup container of rice (stacked on top of each other). Also in that compartment I put 2 Blue Ice packs. There is still a small amount of room in the main compartment after packing this, but not so much that everything is going to slide around inside. In the top compartment I put 3 ziploc bags containing pistachios, pretzels, and dates. Again, there is room left over in the top compartment for more. If you're interested, you can lay one 32oz Nalgene bottle in the top compartment and believe it or not, I can actually even squeeze it in the side zip-out drink holders (it's a REALLY tight fit though so I'm sure it'd violate the integrity of the product quite quickly). I put my spoon in the front compartment and there is plenty of room in there for other utensils.

For food containers, I've switched to using Kinetic Go Green GlassLock 1332 17-Ounce Square Glass Food-Storage Containers with Locking Lids and they fit in this bag perfectly. Not only do they stack nicely and are leakproof, but you can stack two of them and still have room to put a Blue Ice pack on the top of them. With two of these in the main compartment, I can still put in two Nalgene bottles on the other side. If you wanted to, you could actually fit 4 of these containers in the main compartment and it'd fill it up about 90%.

The zip-out liner is a god-send; it's like I was able to design this bag myself. The zippers, which are many a lunch bags downfall, are freaking incredible. Big and beefy with a heavy and strong zipper track make getting into and out of it so smooth and easy. It's like the zippers came off of some high-quality luggage. Ebags definitely knew what they were doing here.

The handles are very nice and I appreciate that they didn't sew that annoying velcro flap to the handles so you can velcro/hold them together. Although I removed the shoulder strap, there are quick releases for it so you can remove/add it with ease. The attachment buckles for the strap are also nice and beefy without being gaudy or distracting from the overall look.

There is a nice rubberized bottom to keep it durable and the overall quality is top-notch. This WILL last a long time for sure. After I ordered the black I thought I'd regret the color but that's not the case. It's very sharp, classy, and professional looking, and I appreciate that for the office environment I work in.

Overall, this is a freaking 10-star lunch bag. I've been on the lookout for YEARS for a bag that would fit my unique needs and this is without a doubt the best bag I've ever used/seen. I can't say enough about this bag and I can't believe it's priced so well.

Although I think this bag is excellent, I can always find something to improve upon, so here are my recommendations to eBags on how to improve this excellent bag.

--------------------- Recommended improvements for eBags ---------------------------

1. Sew the hand straps to the main body and not the lid. This will allow you to carry/move the container unzipped without things spilling out.
2. Change the location of the shoulder strap buckles. If you remove the shoulder strap, the buckles that are left can sometimes impede with zipper operation. This isn't really a problem when you have the strap attached because the weight of the strap pulls the buckle down, and out of the way of the zipper. You can fix this by either extending the main compartment upwards by 1/2 inch, or lowering the buckle.
3. Please put some type of rubber on the strap so that it doesn't slide off your shoulder when carrying it.
4. When filled to capacity, the lunch bag has a tendency to get wobbly. If you put some really small feet on the bag, it'd prevent this.
5. The eBags logs is quite big and well, NOT attractive.
33 comments|183 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 20, 2011
I recently bought eBag Crew Cooler II and Polar bear 12 pack. I work in the office and stay at work for at least 9 hours every day so I need something to hold lunch, dinner and a few fruits. I returned Polar Bear and kept Crew Cooler. My two 7" in width by 7" in length food containers fit easily side by side in Crew Cooler and I still have plenty of space for protein shake, fruits and ice in the main compartment. I can't say the same about polar bear which is rated very highly by other users even though the overall dimensions of both coolers are very similar. Ebag probably doesn't hold temperature as well as polar bear in a 90 degree weather but it does it's job if you work in the office. If you need something to carry just one lunch then it's probably too big for you.

It's August 2014 now and I am still using it. I tried to substitute it with other coolers so it was sitting on the sidelines for a few months here and there but I keep coming back to it. I am waiting for something to break or get torn so I could have an excuse to get a new one but it still going strong and I can't throw it away since there is nothing wrong with it and it still looks good.
1010 comments|183 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2015
This is the perfect lunch box (bag). I needed one big enough to fit not only the Pyrex glass containers I use, but also my water and beverages that I take to work. I have been carrying two lunch boxes... one for food... and the other for my drinks. This is so much better. This lunch box fits everything, but is not too big to fit easily into the refrigerator. I just ordered a 2nd one for my husband.
review image review image review image review image review image
11 comment|135 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 10, 2012
The ebags crew cooler is a great looking lunch bag, very sturdy and no one will have a better made lunch cooler. I have tried several brands and this is by far the best made cooler I have ever had. Now with that said, I need to keep things cold and that's were it falls short. There is no insulation in this bag so keeping things cold you have to do things a little different. I use ice trays with this bag and i have always used ice trays with all my coolers but with this one you need to freeze or or have near frozen drinks to keep them cold. Now if you do freeze them they will stay cold, they do for me during my 12hr shift. My california innovations cooler i could put my drinks in at room temperature with my ice packs and presto in a couple of hours extremely cold drinks this is something the crew cooler can not do. Overall it's a great bag, the zip out liner makes cleaning a breeze, it's a great bag, but if you want your items super cold it has it's limitations.
0Comment|140 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 14, 2013
I searched online for days to find THE perfect cooler to send with my husband to work. His days can run from 5 am to 7pm if not longer. I needed a professional looking, tough enough for the range, easy to carry all black cooler. This thing is perfect!!! Roomy without it looking ridiculous, and like your carrying a picnic basket. The top compartment I fill with nuts, energy bars, etc. He loves it. It wipes out beautifully and keeps food cold all day. A true heavy duty man lunch box, that any woman would love as well.
on July 10, 2015
Love this bag! It's just what I've been looking for. I can easily fit 10 cans of soda in it. I'll mostly be using this for work, but it'll also be great for when I go camping, traveling in the car, or need something with extra space to carry plenty of food & snacks.
It has the main compartment, a top compartment, a front zippered pocket, 2 side pockets for drinks (or other), and a flat pocket in the back with a ID car slot. Also has two attached handles, and an optional adjustable shoulder strap that easily clips on and off. And the liner inside the main compartment zips off & on very easily for washing and reattaching.
I attached some pics for reference.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on April 6, 2011
I work 12 hour shifts with a 1 hour comute each direction and I am unable to leave work once I get there. So it is very important that I have a lunch box big enough to pack 2 meals worth of food and snacks. The first day I took this to work 2 other people in my office imediatly ordered one for themselves. I love the different compartments. I basically use this as a lunchpail and a built in purse all in one. I have even ordered 2 more bags for my om and dad when they travel.
22 comments|56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 22, 2011
Purchased this lunch cooler for my husband who wanted to replace his current bag. This one is larger in size and convenience (roomy) versus what he was using. The 2 side pockets (one on each side) unzip and expand (with netting) to hold drinks (cans, bottles). Top zipper / storage compartment keeps items dry (this was an important feature for him). Front pocket good for stashing utensils, tea bags, etc. He chose to remove the shoulder strap since he already uses his shoulder for a backpack. The inner lining of the main compartment is removable for cleaning, and is replaceable in the event of damage. He can get his salad container in this bag (another plus for him), double the fruit he use to take to work, and a number of other items. All in all, he and I are both satisfied with this bag. I was really excited over the quality and all the compartments (it's a girl-thang I'm sure) LOL. If I had purchased this for myself, I could see utilizing it for a number of things ... ball park, picnics, travel on board tote, etc. Very cool bag.
33 comments|51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 5, 2015
Great lunch bag with plenty of room for extra stuff. I work in correction. Often double shifts. So I needed a bag that I could not only carry a few meals and some snacks but all the other things one might expect to need when you're 'locked up' for 16 hours. This bag definitely holds plenty and keeps things cold with the proper amount of ice packs. The bag is well made, zippers are heavy duty yet surprisingly overall light weight.
The things I would change:
1) The long carrying strap could be a little wider. The short straps get in the way, I might just cut them off.
2) The back side of the cooler, the bottomless pocket, that is designed to slip through the handle of wheeled-upright suit case, and ride on the top. (see amazon's photos) Good idea for those who travel, but useless for my needs. It would be nice if they made it into an optional, bottom zip pocket. That way is could be used for carrying papers or a folder. I'm probably going to take it to a shoemaker and have them stitch it at the bottom.
on September 12, 2014
What an amazing bag. I just received it and have tested all the zippers and poked in all the corners. Beautifully made -- obviously will last a long, long time. The seams are all internal and all corners have reinforced cording. Zippers are heavy duty with big tabs. Love the bottle pockets that unzip on each end. Good handles. Full pocket on the back slides over a suitcase handle-- something I was especially looking for.

Someone mentioned that the insulation might be inadequate-- the liner zips out so additional insulation could be wrapped behind the liner, but it certainly feels that there is normal cooler bag insulation. I'll report back if this is a drawback.

The only downside I see (but haven't tested yet) is the shoulder strap. It doesn't swivel-- it attaches with plastic side release buckles. It also doesn't have a shoulder pad to buffer heavy loads. I'll be making one and another to keep the carry handles together. Also note that this is not a bright red fabric- it's more an elegant rusty red.

I purchased this primarily for train trips, but it's first trial will be a long road trip. I'll report back if we notice anything else.