5.0 out of 5 stars Love it--form, function, and value
I recently retired from the military and had to get a whole new wardrobe. I did a lot of research into the type of briefcase to buy and finally chose this one because it seemed to be a good mix of looks, function, and price. I've now had it for 3.5 months.

Published 20 months ago by Amazon Customer

Published 1 month ago by Kim Veith

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it--form, function, and value, April 16, 2013

I was right. The bag is very handsom--the leather looks a lot more expensive than it appears in the picture. It is sturdy--every day I carry an 8 lb laptop, ipad, papers, and at least one book in it and it looks and feels solid, with no evidence of strain whatsoever. I've only used the shoulder strap a couple times, because I wear a suit, but that also seems sturdy. The pockets are logically organized--plentiful but not too overwhelming. And it was a great deal for that caliber bag.

I would absolutely recommend this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag, March 12, 2014
I bought this bag for my husband to replace a nylon one that he had before. The flap on the back that gives you the option to attach it to a rolling carry on is a great feature. He really likes the new bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag, December 16, 2013
I purchased this bag to replace one that I have been using daily for work. The look is great and it has a lot of different compartments for various items. The bag is pretty heavy, but thats because its a big bag with lots of room.

One last thing to mention. When the bag arrived it was inside of a plastic bag. However the plastic bag was taped to together and one of the pieces of tape was attached to the leather bag itself. When I removed the tape, some of the leather was removed as well. I contacted Amazon and received a reply in less than 2 hours. They offered to replace the bag or give me a 20% discount. Amazon customer support is far superior than any other customer support out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great laptop briefcase, March 8, 2013
This bag met every single requirement I had. Plenty of space, pockets and nice quality. I carry laptop, tablet, magazines...work documentation and still plenty of space left. Expansion zipper makes it even wider if needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Of course it's made in China BUT ......, January 27, 2014
don't be put off by that. It is a quality produce. The leather is not tissue-paper thin. The color is very uniform. The antique brass hardware and brown leather really complement each other well. I will be fooled if it doesn't last a very long time with just reasonable care. The cloth strap matches the leather color well and unless you are a real stickler is not a biggy. I think the hardware is solid and durable without being excessive and 'clunky'. And by the way, it does mean Southwest airlines dimensions for an under the seat carry on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect buissines brief, July 13, 2012
This review is from: eBags Laptop Collection Wall Street Colombian Leather Deluxe Laptop Brief (Apparel)
it is just a perfect brief suitable for business work. Large enough to get your documents and laptop and any stuff you want. leather is perfect. for me.. just thanks for ebags

2.0 out of 5 stars I'm not absolutely amazed at the number of pockets and places to keep ..., November 2, 2014
Kim Veith (Lilburn, Ga United States) - See all my reviews
The bag is okay in that it does what it's supposed to do, hold my stuff. I carry a lot of weight around in it, including a laptop, a tablet and books and papers. I'm not absolutely amazed at the number of pockets and places to keep pencils and other small objects, but it is sufficient. Some of the piping around one side came loose and started hanging off the bag, so eventually I just cut it off with a knife to keep it from getting worse. You'd have to look really closely to see that defect, though.

So why do I rate this bag a two? The buckle that holds the strap on broke off, which prompted me to write to eBags for a replacement. That drops my rating to maybe a four, but it's a "working bag" which gets lots of wear and tear, so I'm not that disappointed that the buckle broke. This might or might not have been covered under warranty; I purchased the bag less than a year ago, so maybe or maybe not. But the problem is that in both a chat session with eBags and in an email I sent them, they told me that they didn't support a bag bought through Amazon and that I should contact Amazon. It was pretty obvious to me that Amazon wasn't going to handle my warranty issue, and after checking, I quickly discovered that Amazon's responsibility ends with their 30 day money back guarantee, and I have no problem with that; it is completely fair.

So...I got nowhere at all, a chat session ending in Paul apologizing "if I have been inconvenienced", and an email from someone else saying the same thing.

In my correspondence to eBags I explained my situation with the bag and also informed them that I was an eBags customer from three years ago when I bought one not through Amazon but through their own website. So I am an actual customer of eBags. Or I was. I told them I was now an EX-customer because of their poor customer service. Their response showed me they don't really care whether I am a customer or not.

Not a bad bag, but if you need customer service, you'll be sorry!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Briefcase!, March 4, 2014
Finally decided to replace my old black leather briefcase that I've had now for 10-years. Looked at a few on Amazon, and finally decided on this one. I am totally pleased with the quality & storage capability of this briefcase. I recently took my 17" Toshiba laptop on a business trip, and it fir into this bag perfectly. What a great value in a briefcase that looks great and functions great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 11, 2014
Adam H. Macdougall (Arcata, Ca United States) - See all my reviews
Good sturdy bag that looks very nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag, June 23, 2014
I was looking for a bag with plenty of pockets but set was not so large that it felt like a large suit case. This one works very well. It has an expandable pocket which is controlled by a zipper. If you keep it closed the case is more compact, but yet you have the expandability. It seems to be well made. I have been using it daily for work for about 10 months.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›