5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect--and flat!
Published on August 6, 2012 by Karen Hellekson

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice for essentials-no bottles included
We ordered two and are currently packing them up for a trip tomorrow. Upon opening, we found there were no bottles included in either. Not too big a deal, but the tag says they are included and I was counting on them tonight to pack and that would have made things fit better. I think it holds a fair amount, maybe a weeks worth of essentials for men but women who use...
Published 16 months ago by L. Sturges

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect--and flat!, August 6, 2012
This Pack-it-Flat really is flat, and that's its best feature: it goes in the top of my duffle, or in the zipped inner mesh lid of my eBags Mother Lode TLS Weekender Convertible. It doesn't take up a third of the suitcase's volume, yet it fits everything that a biggish dopp kit fits. It comes with little bottles, but I don't use them, although they are fine enough quality; I prefer Humangear GoToob 3 Ounce (3 pack) Travel Bottles. I must carry my own soap, shampoo, and towel thanks to allergies to hotel-supplied products, and this fits it all in. The single leftmost zippered compartment holds tubes of toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, sunscreen, lotion). This is the only compartment that is lined with slick plastic, so any exploding items won't taint the rest of your luggage. The slim far-right compartment is a good size for toothbrush and toothpaste. I use the compartment next to it for contact lens stuff, including a bottle of travel-size cleaner; I am able to fit in my chunky eyeglasses case and zip it closed. The big middle compartment opens to reveal yet more compartments. I zip a washcloth into the upper mesh compartment, and I put a tube of aspirin, a razor, and a tiny round tin of dental floss in the bottom zippered compartment. In the big central area go travel hairbrush, full-size soap holder, and travel-size deodorant. Atop this, I lay my (admittedly small) makeup bag and a travel towel in its pouch. They sink down into the opening and I can easily zip it closed. The biggest inconvenience is transferring items to and from the 3-1-1 bag. The bag has a hanging hook that I rarely use. When I first got it, I was surprised at how big it was, but it spreads everything into about an inch or so of flat space, which is incredibly useful. Fellow travelers have admired it, and I have given them as gifts.

5.0 out of 5 stars HOLDS A LOT, perfect Dopp kit!, November 26, 2012
I always do my husband's packing and I've bought a hanging toiletry kit from Sephora before which can not hold a lot when you fill all the pockets, it won't close properly. I recently bought him the packing cubes and he loves it so I bought this as well (all in aquamarine).He does FIFO (fly in , fly out) so he's always travelling.This held a lot! Please see my attached photos as how much it can hold.I love how one side unzips to make it bigger-that part held his shaving razor,refills,shaving cream and brush.The other side is spill proof and lined in plastic so I put his shampoo and bodywash there.The middle part held his deodorant,deo spray,grooming kit,face wash (full sized everything by the way),cotton buds,even a pack of paracetamol and toothpaste.The only thing that I packed separately into the old Sephora bag is his shower pouf and hair trimmer (which is only prudent, I think).I haven't used mine yet (women tend to pack more).I didn't use the bottles that came with it but those will come in handy for a shorter trip, I guess.He needs full sized toiletries as he is away for 2 months.Really worth the money!

Note Dec 4th,2012:

I guess they took down my photos and put their own instead as to how it looks like from inside,how much you can fit in it and how it looks like from inside the luggage of my husband but that's ok.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well designed, February 1, 2013
This bag is the exact width of a carry on sized bag and work with their packing system. It's actually larger than I need for toiletries so I use the side pockets to carry all my small items like chargers. The hook is too small to go over many poles in various bathrooms.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, December 20, 2007
This toiletry kit is bigger on the inside than it is on the outside. Everything I need fits into this little-looking bag, with room to spare. And it's flat, taking up almost no space in my suitcase. I love it! It's perfect for my needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is, July 25, 2012
I purchased this along with other ebags and found it to be very functional. I was able to fit a 7 day supply of all my toiletries and it fit well (flat) in my suitcase. I intend to purchase another one just for my make up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Changing from 3 to 4 stars for efforts in customer service, June 22, 2013
UPDATED REVIEW
-------------------
After some back and forth, eBags has said they will change the product desc. on Amazon to make it clear they don't provide bottles, and will also remove the label on the product itself to avoid that same ambiguity. In response to my inquiry they also attempted to get me the missing bottles, and have also given me a discount for my troubles. I actually love my bag, and feel that the attention I received was welcome and they did try hard to please. For this reason I am bumping it up to 4 stars (you can see the review below for why it didn't quite make the 5).
I also recommend a separate purchase of the little squeezy tubes that fit nicely in this bag. humangear GoToob 3 Ounce (3 pack) Travel Bottle, Clear/Blue/Green, Large (3 oz)
------------------------------------

Here's my original review...
------------------------------------

The toiletry kit is a pretty neat design, with apparently ample space, and lots of separate pockets/areas for different sized items.

I am not giving it 5 stars for the following reasons:

1. it didn't come with the bottles it says it comes with - on the tag, and also per other customer comments (some customers received them, others not - so just frustrating it's not clearer)

2. The hook is too small for your average towel rod, or shower rod - there's no need for a mini hook - I have other travel bags with a normal sized hook - so again, unnecessarily frustrating.

3. The bag does not come with a little mirror. I have other travel bags that have a little mirror that's velcroed to the bag. Nothing big - but nice to have when camping or other environments when a mirror isn't available. By having one on the bag itself, if it's hanging - it is also more convenient than a pocket mirror that might be part of your cosmetic supplies.

4. In light of #1, I contacted the seller. While they are quite willing to refund the item due to my disappointment that it didn't come with the bottles (see exchange below), I found myself being disappointed with their response. The tag on the bag also says "The eBags experience should be nothing less than extraordinary. Our promise. If you are not completely satisfied with your eBags product at any time, we will happily make it right. Exchange, return, whatever it takes..." Mmmm - well I didn't get any choices except to return the whole thing - so my experience was sadly very ordinary, and their promise is a little weak if you ask me. If they're willing to return (for no charge) - then maybe they should make a little more effort to just go ahead and include the bottles it says the bag comes with, invest in larger hooks, and throw in a mirror. If they did that - guess what - it would really be 5 star worthy.

In the meantime, I will swap out the hook, velcro on a little mirror, and buy some travel bottles separately. I'll give myself 5 stars for patience and ingenuity.

------------- Clipped message exchange between me and the seller -------------

Thank you for your quick response. I think there is some ambiguity in the product description - I think the toiletry kit itself is well described - but because of the confusion I won't be able to give it a 5 star rating. I think the product description should accurately reflect the details about the bottles no longer being available, and the tag the product ships with should also have the reference scratched. It's an easy thing to fix and will take the slightly sour note out of the experience.

--- Original message ---

Thank you for your inquiry regarding your order #...

Please be informed that the item no longer comes with 5-piece set of
Nalgene bottles. If you are not completely satisfied with your
purchase, you may return your unused merchandise within 60 days for a
prompt refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the frequent flyer!, September 1, 2005
This review is from: eBags Pack-it-Flat Toiletry Kit (Luggage)
Holds everything I need for 2-4 day business trips in terms of toiletries. lays flat and fits perfectly in my carry-on luggage. Exactly what I was looking for!

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly, it did the job, September 12, 2013
I ordered this item for a trip with my son and was trying to condense my many toiletry items and a few of his into one secure bag that could lay flat inside my luggage. I thought that it would fold out like a garment bag but DOES NOT. However, there are many places to stuff everyday items and there is a small bit of room once you unzip the expandable section which is helpful. I was surprised at how many items that the bag could hold. It made the hotel bathroom counter a lot neater. I didn't give it five stars due to the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny!, April 11, 2013
I was skeptical...even after I ordered this bag. I had a toiletry bag that I loved and thought was the perfect design (even though it took up SO much room in my suitcase), but after 5+ years and a lot of use, it was time to replace it. While waiting for my ebag to arrive, I saw toiletry bags in Ross that looked just as good as my old one for a fraction of the price and I thought I had over-spent. But, when my ebag arrived and I packed for my trip I found this bag to be everything it promises!

Not only does it pack flat (no, seriously... you can just lay it on top of a completely packed bag before you zip it up and it fits just fine) but the layout allows you to easily find things and keep it all organized while on your trip. I love the lined pocket for wet things, as packing the wet shower cap and what-not from a shower on the last day of a trip is always an annoyance. It's a fantastic design for someone who doesn't want to check their baggage, too... I bought the travel sized bottle sets sold at Target and got SO much in this bag. The expansion zipper also allows you to put more in it and put it in a big bag to check... then zip it back up and use it in a smaller bag for another trip.

I was very pleased with this purchase (and I'm cheap so that says a lot!), I just wish Amazon offered it with prime shipping so I could have ordered it here rather than through the ebags site to make sure I received it before my trip.

5.0 out of 5 stars Size is deceiving!, June 6, 2013
This review is from: eBags Pack-it-Flat Toiletry Kit (Luggage)
When I received the kit, it looked so much smaller than I was expecting. However, there was plenty of room for all of my travel-size toiletries and it took up less room than my old kit. I wouldn't recommend it if you want to bring regular-sized items, but it's perfect for short trips. I was able to pack for a weekend in a backpack and everything fit.

Rate and Discover Movies