Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on August 6, 2012
This Pack-it-Flat really is flat, and that's its best feature: it goes in the top of my duffle, or in the zipped inner mesh lid of my eBags Mother Lode TLS Weekender Convertible. It doesn't take up a third of the suitcase's volume, yet it fits everything that a biggish dopp kit fits. It comes with little bottles, but I don't use them, although they are fine enough quality; I prefer Humangear GoToob 3 Ounce (3 pack) Travel Bottles. I must carry my own soap, shampoo, and towel thanks to allergies to hotel-supplied products, and this fits it all in. The single leftmost zippered compartment holds tubes of toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, sunscreen, lotion). This is the only compartment that is lined with slick plastic, so any exploding items won't taint the rest of your luggage. The slim far-right compartment is a good size for toothbrush and toothpaste. I use the compartment next to it for contact lens stuff, including a bottle of travel-size cleaner; I am able to fit in my chunky eyeglasses case and zip it closed. The big middle compartment opens to reveal yet more compartments. I zip a washcloth into the upper mesh compartment, and I put a tube of aspirin, a razor, and a tiny round tin of dental floss in the bottom zippered compartment. In the big central area go travel hairbrush, full-size soap holder, and travel-size deodorant. Atop this, I lay my (admittedly small) makeup bag and a travel towel in its pouch. They sink down into the opening and I can easily zip it closed. The biggest inconvenience is transferring items to and from the 3-1-1 bag. The bag has a hanging hook that I rarely use. When I first got it, I was surprised at how big it was, but it spreads everything into about an inch or so of flat space, which is incredibly useful. Fellow travelers have admired it, and I have given them as gifts.
0Comment|170 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 26, 2012
I always do my husband's packing and I've bought a hanging toiletry kit from Sephora before which can not hold a lot when you fill all the pockets, it won't close properly. I recently bought him the packing cubes and he loves it so I bought this as well (all in aquamarine).He does FIFO (fly in , fly out) so he's always travelling.This held a lot! Please see my attached photos as how much it can hold.I love how one side unzips to make it bigger-that part held his shaving razor,refills,shaving cream and brush.The other side is spill proof and lined in plastic so I put his shampoo and bodywash there.The middle part held his deodorant,deo spray,grooming kit,face wash (full sized everything by the way),cotton buds,even a pack of paracetamol and toothpaste.The only thing that I packed separately into the old Sephora bag is his shower pouf and hair trimmer (which is only prudent, I think).I haven't used mine yet (women tend to pack more).I didn't use the bottles that came with it but those will come in handy for a shorter trip, I guess.He needs full sized toiletries as he is away for 2 months.Really worth the money!

Note Dec 4th,2012:

I guess they took down my photos and put their own instead as to how it looks like from inside,how much you can fit in it and how it looks like from inside the luggage of my husband but that's ok.
review image review image
44 comments|132 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I had high expectations for this toiletry bag; they were met and then some.

I did not believe I could get my big tube of shampoo, toothpaste, laundry soap, face cleansers and moisturizers, make up (well you get the picture) into this well made bag.

~ The left hand side pocket is the perfect size for small travel bottles, plastic lined in case of leaks.
~ The middle pouch is where large items go with a couple of inner zipped pockets for really small items, like hair clips, batteries, pocket knife and glass cleaning cloth. The tube of shampoo will be transferred to a large travel bottle for security against leaks; it is not plastic lined.
~ Two right hand side pockets (1st one expands out) houses all my various makeup stuff, tweezers, small mirror.
~ The far right hand side has plenty of additional room for toothbrush and toothpaste with room left over for more.

Takes up considerably less room than my previous toiletry bag. Love the cheerful grass green color which goes with the rest of my Ebags that I have used for years.

Quality sturdy stitching, specially made zippers and tough materials.
See the photos for pleased goodness-gracious-perfection.
This is a keeper for the dozen trips I take a year.
review image review image
on February 1, 2013
This bag is the exact width of a carry on sized bag and work with their packing system. It's actually larger than I need for toiletries so I use the side pockets to carry all my small items like chargers. The hook is too small to go over many poles in various bathrooms.
Likes:
– multiple compartments
– quality material
– very slim
– a lot of zippers
– fits in a backpack or small suitcase/overnight bag
– holds everything I needed(sonicare toothbrush, Panasonic razor to name a few big items)

Concerns:
– bigger than I expected/big and flat
– some of the pockets are so small I'm not sure what you would even put in them
– I just hope it doesn't rip over time when I stuff it full of everything

Overall:
when I would travel I used to just use a clear plastic bag that came with my luggage… You know the one that snaps in. This worked great but when I arrived to the hotel it didn't hang and it really only had one large compartment where everything intermingled. This would sometimes result in shampoos or soaps leaking and perhaps getting on my toothbrush or razor. I was really looking for something that could separate my items, have a hanger built-in, and have no problem fitting in multiple sizes of luggage. I browsed around a lot and landed on the eBags toiletry kit. This works very well because it has multiple compartments, a ton of zippers, hanging ability, it lays flat, fits in most luggage, and appears to be made out of a material that won't rip. I included some pictures with some of the items I put in the bag to help you decide.
review image review image review image
on December 20, 2007
This toiletry kit is bigger on the inside than it is on the outside. Everything I need fits into this little-looking bag, with room to spare. And it's flat, taking up almost no space in my suitcase. I love it! It's perfect for my needs.
on July 25, 2012
I purchased this along with other ebags and found it to be very functional. I was able to fit a 7 day supply of all my toiletries and it fit well (flat) in my suitcase. I intend to purchase another one just for my make up.
on June 6, 2013
When I received the kit, it looked so much smaller than I was expecting. However, there was plenty of room for all of my travel-size toiletries and it took up less room than my old kit. I wouldn't recommend it if you want to bring regular-sized items, but it's perfect for short trips. I was able to pack for a weekend in a backpack and everything fit.
on June 22, 2013
UPDATED REVIEW
-------------------
After some back and forth, eBags has said they will change the product desc. on Amazon to make it clear they don't provide bottles, and will also remove the label on the product itself to avoid that same ambiguity. In response to my inquiry they also attempted to get me the missing bottles, and have also given me a discount for my troubles. I actually love my bag, and feel that the attention I received was welcome and they did try hard to please. For this reason I am bumping it up to 4 stars (you can see the review below for why it didn't quite make the 5).
I also recommend a separate purchase of the little squeezy tubes that fit nicely in this bag. humangear GoToob 3 Ounce (3 pack) Travel Bottle, Clear/Blue/Green, Large (3 oz)
------------------------------------

Here's my original review...
------------------------------------

The toiletry kit is a pretty neat design, with apparently ample space, and lots of separate pockets/areas for different sized items.

I am not giving it 5 stars for the following reasons:

1. it didn't come with the bottles it says it comes with - on the tag, and also per other customer comments (some customers received them, others not - so just frustrating it's not clearer)

2. The hook is too small for your average towel rod, or shower rod - there's no need for a mini hook - I have other travel bags with a normal sized hook - so again, unnecessarily frustrating.

3. The bag does not come with a little mirror. I have other travel bags that have a little mirror that's velcroed to the bag. Nothing big - but nice to have when camping or other environments when a mirror isn't available. By having one on the bag itself, if it's hanging - it is also more convenient than a pocket mirror that might be part of your cosmetic supplies.

4. In light of #1, I contacted the seller. While they are quite willing to refund the item due to my disappointment that it didn't come with the bottles (see exchange below), I found myself being disappointed with their response. The tag on the bag also says "The eBags experience should be nothing less than extraordinary. Our promise. If you are not completely satisfied with your eBags product at any time, we will happily make it right. Exchange, return, whatever it takes..." Mmmm - well I didn't get any choices except to return the whole thing - so my experience was sadly very ordinary, and their promise is a little weak if you ask me. If they're willing to return (for no charge) - then maybe they should make a little more effort to just go ahead and include the bottles it says the bag comes with, invest in larger hooks, and throw in a mirror. If they did that - guess what - it would really be 5 star worthy.

In the meantime, I will swap out the hook, velcro on a little mirror, and buy some travel bottles separately. I'll give myself 5 stars for patience and ingenuity.

------------- Clipped message exchange between me and the seller -------------

Thank you for your quick response. I think there is some ambiguity in the product description - I think the toiletry kit itself is well described - but because of the confusion I won't be able to give it a 5 star rating. I think the product description should accurately reflect the details about the bottles no longer being available, and the tag the product ships with should also have the reference scratched. It's an easy thing to fix and will take the slightly sour note out of the experience.

--- Original message ---

Thank you for your inquiry regarding your order #...

Please be informed that the item no longer comes with 5-piece set of
Nalgene bottles. If you are not completely satisfied with your
purchase, you may return your unused merchandise within 60 days for a
prompt refund.
review image
on December 31, 2015
This is one of the most amazing packing/storage items I have ever used. I travel internationally on a regular basis and have never found something that can fit all of my items eliminating the need for multiple storage bags. I was able to fit all of my toiletries, hair brush, jewelry, makeup and hair accessories into this one bag. No matter how full I packed this, it still remained flat and fit perfectly in the front pocket of my Tortuga backpack (it seems like it was made perfect to fit with this pack)! I also loved that there was a plastic lined compartment that prevented liquid spills from transferring into the other compartments. There is also a zipper extender if in the case you need to extend the length to fit more items. One the bag was filled, it weighed about 7lbs and I was in shock at how much I was able to fit inside of each compartment. The look of the bag is deceiving but I assure you, there is more than enough room for all of your items. I cannot recommend this enough!